ibe to start sat?

RYRAM

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Today's presser from the DET:

"For Jordon, he hasn't played in a long time," said Rooney

"I know there's a lot of fans, or a lot of people, wanting to see a lot more of him, and they will see more of him in time. He has gone a long time without playing. He had an illness where he was off for two and a half weeks, so we have had to build him up and manage him right.

He was on the bench (at Millwall and at Brentford) if needed rather than can we get him on the pitch. He has trained really well, his fitness is returning and now the next step is getting minutes on the pitch.

I am pleased for him to get on, it is a good step, Hopefully he can get more minutes, but he is not ready to start a game yet."

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

"I know there's a lot of fans, or a lot of people, wanting to see a lot more of him, and they will see more of him in time. 

Like the quote about seeing more of him in time. Well we couldn't see any less of him so an easy assertion to make without actually meaning anything.

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

"I know there's a lot of fans, or a lot of people, wanting to see a lot more of him, and they will see more of him in time. He has gone a long time without playing. He had an illness where he was off for two and a half weeks, so we have had to build him up and manage him right.

He was on the bench (at Millwall and at Brentford) if needed rather than can we get him on the pitch. He has trained really well, his fitness is returning and now the next step is getting minutes on the pitch.

I am pleased for him to get on, it is a good step, Hopefully he can get more minutes, but he is not ready to start a game yet."

Anyone watching the under 23s tonight will be able to see why Ibe isn't starting games yet. Some nice touches but also some poor ones and he clearly isn't fit.

59 minutes ago, angieram said:

Anyone watching the under 23s tonight will be able to see why Ibe isn't starting games yet. Some nice touches but also some poor ones and he clearly isn't fit.

Did he have any level of fitness at all when he signed.  Anyone who's been a professional at that level in his mid twenties should have a core of fitness that can be pretty easily brought up to speed.  He must have been here over two months ?.  If he is that unfit after that amount of time that he can't muster 45 minutes of first team action he must have been in dreadful physical shape or he's not being pushed in training.  When we signed him I said it was a gamble perhaps worth taking on his previous spell here.  Obviously you would expect him to be on a reasonable salary and it's rapidly beginning to feel an error was made bringing him in if it curtailed wages/ transfer fee for another target who could have got a few goals.  I'd love him to get back in the team and flying. It's getting less likely.

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Did he have any level of fitness at all when he signed.  Anyone who's been a professional at that level in his mid twenties should have a core of fitness that can be pretty easily brought up to speed.  He must have been here over two months ?.  If he is that unfit after that amount of time that he can't muster 45 minutes of first team action he must have been in dreadful physical shape or he's not being pushed in training.  When we signed him I said it was a gamble perhaps worth taking on his previous spell here.  Obviously you would expect him to be on a reasonable salary and it's rapidly beginning to feel an error was made bringing him in if it curtailed wages/ transfer fee for another target who could have got a few goals.  I'd love him to get back in the team and flying. It's getting less likely.

Did you not see the reports that he missed a big chunk of training due to suffering from  Gastroenteritis? Or does that not fit your narrative?

27 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Did you not see the reports that he missed a big chunk of training due to suffering from  Gastroenteritis? Or does that not fit your narrative?

To be fair, Keogh recovered from Joinersgate, got fit to play and was playing before Ibe had got himself fit after not playing last season and before his gastroenteritis. He has been here 3 months - he must have been in a dreadful physical condition as he still hasn’t managed more than 45 minutes for the u23 and doesn’t look like he could from what I saw last night. 

We are all desperate to have Ibe mark 1 back but he looks a long way off. Will he be properly match fit before the end of the season? 

1 hour ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

To be fair, Keogh recovered from Joinersgate, got fit to play and was playing before Ibe had got himself fit after not playing last season and before his gastroenteritis. He has been here 3 months - he must have been in a dreadful physical condition as he still hasn’t managed more than 45 minutes for the u23 and doesn’t look like he could from what I saw last night. 

We are all desperate to have Ibe mark 1 back but he looks a long way off. Will he be properly match fit before the end of the season? 

He had started to play prior to gastro. Now, luckily I've never had it, but if you had the world coming out of both ends of you for the roughly 2 weeks he had it, it might take a while to get back to even where you were as I don't think running to the bog maintains fitness too well.

Archived