David Marshall - Signed on a 2 year deal

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming this is a done deal then it's one I'm happy with.   Very solid keeper,  very experienced, commands his box and the back 4 and is proven at this level.  The job of a keeper is first and foremost to stop the ball going into the net and he's been one of the best in the league at that.   I don't expect Ederson-esque passing abilities.  Pretty sure he'll be capable enough.   This is a really good start to the transfer window IMO.  

Reckon too we dodged a bullet with Hart (not that I think it was ever on the cards).  Him of the "..hungry for first team football again...." now going to warm his ar5e at Spurs for circa £30k a week.  

4 hours ago, Derbados said:

Goalkeeper related, Karl Darlow is attracting interest from Birmingham 

another good keeper at this level and younger, wages probably to high though 

Used to watch him having his eye brows being waxed at the Barbers in Nottingham ?

27 minutes ago, angieram said:

Marshall will be a solid signing but I do feel sorry for Wigan fans watching their best players get picked off. They don't deserve it. 

27 minutes ago, angieram said:

Marshall will be a solid signing but I do feel sorry for Wigan fans watching their best players get picked off. They don't deserve it. 

Hear! Hear! @angieram... my thoughts exactly. Absolutely scandalous what’s happened to Wigan this season. All allegedly about a bet somewhere in Asia. You could not make it up. Planet Football. 

49 minutes ago, angieram said:

I hated Wigan as a football team before this season. I don’t know why I’ve just never liked them... I don’t like Newcastle either for some reason. 

I did however feel really bad for them this year, from being dead and buried to playing their way out of it only to be sucker punched with a points deduction to send them down.

actually sod ‘em they’ve got rugby league which they’re good at.

4 hours ago, Saul said:

Really? In what way?

Pretty sure the team who score most goals still win.

Pretty sure the keepers job is still fundamentally to keep the ball out of the goal.

I qualified the statement by pointing out a keeper needs to be able to use his feet to certain level. 

Did you choose to ignore that?

Or have I missed something? Teams have played possession football for years. It isn't new you know.

Think a lot more focus on ball retention now, punting upfield is a last resort. Also balls are very light and keepers are often coached to punch it which is sometimes seen as less risky then going to catch it. 

image.png.86d46a7562c61ba62de32fcca82465a7.png

WTF!!!

Just look at the way he can catch a ball using only the fingertips of one hand. It's almost like his mitts are made of superglue. He can even do it while giving a seriously decent 1,000 yard stare, so we know the lad can multi-task too.

It's a big, old 'YES' from me.

4 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

image.png.86d46a7562c61ba62de32fcca82465a7.png

WTF!!!

Just look at the way he can catch a ball using only the fingertips of one hand. It's almost like his mitts are made of superglue. He can even do it while giving a seriously decent 1,000 yard stare, so we know the lad can multi-task too.

It's a big, old 'YES' from me.

Exclusive use of the sun should help him too. 

He can make sure it’s in the opposition keeper’s eyes at all times.

6 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Used to watch him having his eye brows being waxed at the Barbers in Nottingham ?

I watched him (along with 33k others) have 5 smashed past him at pride park 

One of the best days of my life ... I literally floated out of PP that day our cloud 9 lol

COYR!!!!

9 hours ago, Saul said:

Really? In what way?

Pretty sure the team who score most goals still win.

Pretty sure the keepers job is still fundamentally to keep the ball out of the goal.

I qualified the statement by pointing out a keeper needs to be able to use his feet to certain level. 

Did you choose to ignore that?

Or have I missed something? Teams have played possession football for years. It isn't new you know.

Yep I agree , otherwise why not stick max bird between the sticks? His distribution is dependable

Archived