David Marshall - Signed on a 2 year deal

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

I agree we need more experience, but there needs to be that balance. Signing a player around the age of 25 would be ideal so we can have a team that grows and gets promoted together. I thought that was the point. We can't just have half the team under 20 and the other half over 30

In an ideal world I'm sure Cocu would have loved to sign a 25 year old top quality keeper at this level. Unfortunately we're on a limited budget and have mulitple problem positions that are going to cost a fair bit of money to fix. With that context signing one of the best keepers in the division last season on a free is great news for the club, even if he is 35.

2 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Until the young keeper has to step in, makes a mistake and gets hung drawn and quartered on here... 

I generally think most fans are fair but of course there is always exceptions 

a young keeper making a mistake is acceptable and as we’ve seen world class keepers can make mistakes but when it’s re occurring errors it becomes a problem Roos will be a good number 2 but isn’t consistent enough to be a number 1 

Sith Happens
Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

"without the prior written consent of The League". Maybe we did ask them first.

Cause that means a lot with the EFL ?

7 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I bloody hope we didnt....

If we did and we get another charge from the EFL im blaming you !

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-4---clubs/

The League may at any time require a Club to submit a report from a qualified independent source certifying the pitch dimensions.

What qualification do you need in order to verify the width of the pitch?

scouts badge?

50 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Wonder if we’re under a soft embargo until the EFL charge is resolved.

Might explain the delay.

Well we haven’t posted any financial results yet have we which would probably put us in that scenario but that doesn’t mean we can’t sign players 

David Marshall was at the game yesterday - just hanging around. Surely if the deal was still hijackable he'd have been doing something else with his time?

Archived