David Marshall - Signed on a 2 year deal

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always thought he’s an excellent keeper. That season at Cardiff in the PL in about 2014 was outstanding.

He would be an improvement for sure, but only for a year or two then we’re in the same position. As said, Dillon Phillips would be perfect for our needs, but obviously more costly in fee & wages.

I can’t say a Marshall is overly known for his ability to play out from the back, but I’m not overly concerned about that. We’re not a PL side, and we’re not going to be able to afford a keeper who has the attributes to fully match what Cocu wants.

David Marshall is a steady keeper and he was very good last season, but I would still push for more progressive players in our position.

Who am I kidding, though, finding progressive players means scouting at a high level. Marshall is a plug in and play Championship goalkeeper who we can get cheap. I should be thankful we aren't getting Lee Camp back. 

This would be a cracking but of business if the club think Ravas is ready to step up in a couple of years.

If they do then this is little point getting a keeper in around 25years old who could be in our first team for 8years, Ravas wouldnt get a chance. 

The sort of deal who is quality short term and doesnt block our acadamy products, similar to Rooney in midfield.

16 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Always thought he’s an excellent keeper. That season at Cardiff in the PL in about 2014 was outstanding.

He would be an improvement for sure, but only for a year or two then we’re in the same position. As said, Dillon Phillips would be perfect for our needs, but obviously more costly in fee & wages.

I can’t say a Marshall is overly known for his ability to play out from the back, but I’m not overly concerned about that. We’re not a PL side, and we’re not going to be able to afford a keeper who has the attributes to fully match what Cocu wants.

C7AFD6EA-BADE-4F7A-91FD-53D6A009EB4F.jpeg

Archived