Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

12 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

But thats working out the value of the cash, not the value of a building with land including all the improvements

I agree. That's purely build cost adjusted for inflation, which completely debunks the £40m valuation figure in that Times article today.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I agree. That's purely build cost adjusted for inflation, which completely debunks the £40m valuation figure in that Times article today.

Ah, but that's the pre Polish builder costs.

Probably more like £2m today, £1.5m for cash.

Failure payments to @EFL Championship clubs in the 20-21 season; Huddersfield £35M Cardiff £35M Stoke £15.5M Swansea £15.5M and Bournemouth, Norwich, Watford £43M each THIS is why clubs like #swfc #DCFC do crazy stuff like sell their stadiums to themselves. This is the root cause and needs stopping. 

How about the current FFP but without the 1000 different exception rules?

A 2.5 million cap across a 24-man squad is just over 100k per player. (2k a week). This is top level before the taxes and other items are included.

The average salary in the Championship is current 2-3k a week.

This is a massive decision and will have a huge impact.

35 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

Failure payments to @EFL Championship clubs in the 20-21 season; Huddersfield £35M Cardiff £35M Stoke £15.5M Swansea £15.5M and Bournemouth, Norwich, Watford £43M each THIS is why clubs like #swfc #DCFC do crazy stuff like sell their stadiums to themselves. This is the root cause and needs stopping. 

Mel checked with efl and we have done nrothing until mardy git banker gibson kicked off.

2 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Oh I believe the PFA will claim it’s illegal - I just doubt there is any substance to their words....

There is *some* substance

It's not the cap itself they are saying is illegal - it's the fact that the EFL did not consult with them as the affected employees representative body

PFA is essentially the player's union, and as such should be consulted according to UK employment law

Yet again - this is the EFL being total muppets and acting illegally

See posts about wage caps & levelling the playing field. How about FFP is broke. Its there for the big clubs. If a billionaire took over a club and wanted to throw away half his personal fortune & not leave a club with loans etc. Then why not let them do it ?‍♂️ usually money & success go hand in hand. Let mel spend what he wants gets my vote ? 

Even at grassroots my town has three local teams and the one that's doing the best is the one that's had a big lotto grant, built a new club house & has a 3g pitch. Its attracting the best local talent & they now rent out the 3g

It takes money & investing to make money. Look at man city. Massive investment at the front end, but now a sucess bigger fan base, better youth academy & in a few more years probably self-sufficient with extra prize money & shirt sales from sucess. 

How can you compete without taking a gamble ?‍♂️

9 hours ago, Remy the hare said:

Don't agree that your thinking is joined up. Yes the above teams all undeniably received those "failure" payments but how much money did Huddersfield, Swansea, Cardiff and Norwich to a lesser degree outlay to be promoted to the Premier League in order for them to be eligible for these payments?

9 hours ago, plymouthram said:

But thats working out the value of the cash, not the value of a building with land including all the improvements

Inflation and the land alone would value it around the 65mill mark.

Add on commercial value from football and other events, the rent value from the businesses attached to the building and the advertising around the ground.

Seems accurate to me. ?‍♂️

1 minute ago, Shaftesbury Street said:

Add on commercial value from football and other events, the rent value from the businesses attached to the building and the advertising around the ground.

Yeah but you're clearly not as qualified at commercial property valuation as the EFL!

43 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Unfortunately, not every role of the dice comes up 6.

Maybe not but if im a billionaire or a multi billionaire & want to sign Cristiano Ronaldo on 300k a week for my club then why should i be stopped.

As long as there is no debt against the club a chairman should be allowed to spend what he or she wants. Why should it be exclusively for the big clubs while the gap just gets bigger. 

21 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Maybe not but if im a billionaire or a multi billionaire & want to sign Cristiano Ronaldo on 300k a week for my club then why should i be stopped.

As long as there is no debt against the club a chairman should be allowed to spend what he or she wants. Why should it be exclusively for the big clubs while the gap just gets bigger. 

Glad you asked G-Ram, and as a multi-billionaire I feel ideally placed to comment.  Thing is, I get bored easily, I know I shouldn't but I just do.  This week it's a football team, last week it was an island in the Caribbean and next week.. who knows?  I rather like the look of that Bridge they have in London.  I'd be happy to pay 300K for CR but then when I sod off to my next toy it will be someone else who has to pay his wages.  I could keep him I suppose, but without a football team I'm not sure what I'd do with him.  I wonder if he's any good with a paintbrush, I've got some glossing needing on my skirting.

46 minutes ago, Shaftesbury Street said:

Also a very dangerous precident for the EFL to set, they have no right to dive into the value of Pride Park 

From a legal perspective Mel cannot sell the stadium for an over inflated price - it is money Laudering and illegal (in a crown court not the kangaroo court of the EFL) 

43 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Thats the very reason FFP was brought in in the first place. When Man City gate crashed the top four the big clubs made sure no one else could do it.

Theres only so many Champions League places to go around.

Archived