Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Absolutely. 

Bielik, a 22 year old full Poland international isn't gonna be playing back up. 

Barring no injuries.

He'd be where my money would go on player of the season next season.

ahead of Rooney or Bird? and we already have Shinnie and Evans as cover.  

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Gritty said:

Yup. I personally think it was foolish spending that money on him. 

If we could get our money back now I think we'd take it and strengthen elsewhere.

It was more like £4m with add-ons based on promotion etc. We haven't paid like £8m cash.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Backup until around Christmas whilst he builds up his match fitness. Then comes in for Rooney, with Bird pushed slightly further forward.

It would be interesting whose responsible for Beilik's signing. Lampard, Cocu or our recruitment department. 

1 minute ago, sage said:

It would be interesting whose responsible for Beilik's signing. Lampard, Cocu or our recruitment department. 

I remember there being something about Bielik when Lampard was here.

We know that Rooney was a Lampard signing, Shinnie, we had Ethan Pinnock lined up, but he signed for Brentford due to the wait, and I think Bielik was lined up too.

14 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

If the tweet below is right and if the Times article last week actually had any substance with the 'noises around' 'do not sound good' etc, rather than just guesswork and speculation, then it should be pretty easy to narrow down any source.

Gotta remember Kieran Maguire knows sweet eff all.

32 minutes ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

Bielik won’t be available until about November, it’s a long season, there’ll be more midweek games than ever, do you really think Rooney is gonna be able to play every game? Bird and Bielik will be one of if not the best midfield duos in the league in time.

Would prefer Rooney to be used as a 60 min sub in some games, he could come on and change the game, and start in other matches.

41 minutes ago, DublinRam said:

I agree that bieleik will have to play next year which is harsh on bird after getting young player of the year etc , could bird be given a go as the left footed centre back we are looking for if we can’t get Clarke ?

Surely it’s a case of who merits the shirt not who cost what 

bielik has a helluva lot to do to get back in that side 

2 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

8 million quid for backup

Yet another piece of hindsight wisdom.

When Bielik was signed, Rooney hadn't joined the Club and Birds' performances hadn't indicated that he would blossom into the player he has.

10 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

If the tweet below is right and if the Times article last week actually had any substance with the 'noises around' 'do not sound good' etc, rather than just guesswork and speculation, then it should be pretty easy to narrow down any source.

I am pretty much resigned to -12 points then an unsuccessful appeal lasting up to six months. We may start on -12 points and then have all season to argue about it before the season ends. Would we still have broken the ffp rules if we had sold it for £60 million as sort of accepted at some level by EFL. It is difficult to argue that we got very good value on quite a number of signings that we made for a variety of reasons including managerial changes. Lampsrd got a lot out of the players but we relied too heavily in our loans. Villa did the same with more loans, were promoted and have stayed up for next year. Brentford should have got promoted but did not. So many factors in the equation, luck being one of them. Rams were not good enough and we do not have enough good players at present to get automatic promotion or maybe even top six this year. We possibly have a weaker squad now than when Lampsrd arrived.

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I am pretty much resigned to -12 points then an unsuccessful appeal lasting up to six months. We may start on -12 points and then have all season to argue about it before the season ends. Would we still have broken the ffp rules if we had sold it for £60 million as sort of accepted at some level by EFL. It is difficult to argue that we got very good value on quite a number of signings that we made for a variety of reasons including managerial changes. Lampsrd got a lot out of the players but we relied too heavily in our loans. Villa did the same with more loans, were promoted and have stayed up for next year. Brentford should have got promoted but did not. So many factors in the equation, luck being one of them. Rams were not good enough and we do not have enough good players at present to get automatic promotion or maybe even top six this year. We possibly have a weaker squad now than when Lampsrd arrived.

I am not expecting anything like a -12 point deduction and the EFL accepted in writing (apparently ) the valuation of (not DCFC) a multi national valuer of great repute with a minor adjustment. If they had not no doubt Mel would have done other things to keep us within FFP as per the club statement.

Villa drove a coach and horses through FFP and got very lucky staying up via faulty goal line tech and an insipid Arsenal performance otherwise they would have had a big problem no doubt if they had been relegated.

42 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

It was more like £4m with add-ons based on promotion etc. We haven't paid like £8m cash.

Doesn't seem to matter, many on here like to inflate fees for the players we've signed and deflate fees for the players we've sold.

1 hour ago, sage said:

ahead of Rooney or Bird? and we already have Shinnie and Evans as cover.  

FWIW I think we'll go 3 at the back next season and he'll be in the back 3. 

Even if not I don't think Rooney will play as much next season.

I also don't think Shinnie will be here much longer. Not a Cocu signing and not sure he'll get any chance next season.

Evans is woeful. 

Archived