Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

Realistically what is there to gain from suing the EFL? You're not going to get anything really meaningful in return for the effort, a small financial remuneration or compensation at best (which you'll never see most of anyway) which may actually take money away from the pockets of those further down the pyramid?

It's not like you're going to be awarded extra points, immunity from relegation or the league rejigged to to award you a guaranteed play-off final spot or any other wacky idea.

Sod them, Sue them and our compensation is we get Boro’s prize money for the season. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said right at the start of this fiasco that the EFL couldn’t effectively accuse the club (and Mel in particular) of being cheats and expect to get away scot-free if we were found to be innocent. The club may want to move on, but the accusations did damage to Mel’s personal reputation and as a successful businessman I’d be amazed if he was willing to simply walk away without wanting significant damages from the clowns...

So I've had a couple of hours to reflect and have come to the conclusion I'm going to keep the tramp.

He called the soft embargo, and in a vague way got the amortisation right and said we wouldn't be deducted points (although he said that would be suspended).  So he got more right than wrong, I can afford the Tennents Super and I can put up with the smell as he's tethered at the end of the garden.

Might get him an extra can in tonight to celebrate!

6 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

So I've had a couple of hours to reflect and have come to the conclusion I'm going to keep the tramp.

He called the soft embargo, and in a vague way got the amortisation right and said we wouldn't be deducted points (although he said that would be suspended).  So he got more right than wrong, I can afford the Tennents Super and I can put up with the smell as he's tethered at the end of the garden.

The tramp gets the stamp of approval. 

8 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Splash out you tight bugger and get him some hand sanitizer and mixers.

On 12/08/2020 at 11:18, Spanish said:

they appealed to arbitration who found in favour of the EFL but it resulted in no penalty merely a reprimand

Big " do " at Morris Towers tonight . Mrs Mel has cooked chicken wings , mushroom vol-au -vents , and sausages on sticks . She has also baked a small humble pie that will be conveyed to the Tees estuary tomorrow .

19 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

It really doesn't seem right that they can do what they've done and get away scot-free.

If we don't take action against them now, what is there to stop them falsely accusing us (or anyone else) again? If we do and they have to pay out compensation then they might think very carefully before being so ridiculous next time.

Think this may be why Derby are pushing for the judgement wording to be released like they did for Wednesday.  I anticipate some damning wording on them bringing the charges, delaying the action, inconsistent application of the rules and their role in the sign off of finances. 

The written stuff could do some serious damage. I can see the EFL appealing just to delay that output. I dont think it can be released until the appeal has been lodged or confirmed not to be lodged.

4 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Think this may be why Derby are pushing for the judgement wording to be released like they did for Wednesday.  I anticipate some damning wording on them bringing the charges, delaying the action, inconsistent application of the rules and their role in the sign off of finances. 

The written stuff could do some serious damage. I can see the EFL appealing just to delay that output. I dont think it can be released until the appeal has been lodged or confirmed not to be lodged.

Hope so. Pretty sure in the SW case it came out on the Monday morning/early afternoon and they both still had until the Tuesday to appeal?

By the way the EFL apparently haven't appealed SW's.

17 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

It really doesn't seem right that they can do what they've done and get away scot-free.

If we don't take action against them now, what is there to stop them falsely accusing us (or anyone else) again? If we do and they have to pay out compensation then they might think very carefully before being so ridiculous next time.

I don’t think it is a case about compensation for us .. “shot” Happens .. it’s about ethics in the organisation as a whole, the bigger picture. .. my sense is, not that the EFL has committed a wrong against DCFC, but that the organisation is failing as an entity, when it should simply be a neutral administrator of a set of rules. It isn’t the Derby case that needs looking at .. that is just the every day grind of admin. For me it is the ethics and makeup that leads to this sort of botched biased examination. .. something is skewed, wrong, out of tune. It MUST have been clear given the open, consultative back and forth over the stadium valuation... that ended in agreement;  but somehow also ended in a disciplinary hearing in front of the same people .. that something is amiss in peoples behaviour and standards of communication, integrity and terms of reference. Cliques within cliques .. not on. Play to the whistle not the crowd. 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Topram said:

EFL will appeal it just to drag it out as long as they can. 

Can’t see Mel splashing any Doe till it’s over 

I agree, it would be to deer if we lose.

23 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Ask him about Matt Clarke before he passes out will you?

2 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

Hope so. Pretty sure in the SW case it came out on the Monday morning/early afternoon and they both still had until the Tuesday to appeal?

They had 14 days notice to make representations with regard to penalties them 1 day before it was announced.  The appeal process is different and I don’t know the timings.  It sort of moves from internal matters to external more legal environments 

21 minutes ago, sage said:

I think Mel won't show his hand till after the 14 day appeal period. 

I think this will prove to be spot on. If they announce an appeal, Mel will announce legal action, and probably through pearce, the EFL will get to know this in advance. That is how I would play it. To be frank, the EFL have caused considerable damage to our club, you can see from other clubs fans that we have been branded (wrongly as) cheats. We have the improper imposition of a "soft" transfer embargo, lost potential investment, reputational damage that may last for years. Every away game, the fans and players of the teams we play will up their game. The EFL have done us harm, no doubt about that, however, if they are prepared to accept the verdict and not appeal, we should let it go. However, an apology wouldnt go amiss.

Archived