Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the John Percy article in The Telegraph.

Derby will now weigh up whether to seek compensation after racking up millions of losses during the investigation

coincidentally next to an article that reports that Messi has told Barcelona that he wants to leave the club.

...........I reckon it’s a bit too early to nip over to the transfer forum just yet.

For the EFL to appeal imo they would have to argue against how the decisions were made, reasonably and technically, if policy guidance etc was followed and so on and so on. Once the reasons are released then both parties will know better where they stand if further litigation is required. Mel and DCFC won't shoot their mouths off until after the 14 day period expires. If the EFL does not appeal then Mel and club should sue any person or organisation who committed liable/slander/defamation etc. Being silent in the face of injustice allows the continuous suffering of others. Civil litigation tends to have more success if reliant on a proven legal decision already made, as in this case. 

2 hours ago, ossieram said:

Brizzle fans really aren't happy!

As for Derby, I hope the EFL find some grounds to appeal this- throw anything and everything they can at it. If other clubs can give evidence, that would be nice too though I don't know how that all works- maybe they can only give evidence when the club itself appeal against an adverse verdict.

There are things that can be done though! Maybe.

Do not let Mel Morris or Derby directors into your ground- all clubs should do this to them and perhaps Sheffield Wednesday- ostracise the ******* as much as you can.

Raise complaints with the EFL on whatever might be an issue- see their recent loan.

Try to raise some kind of vote to force Stephen Pearce off the EFL board at the earliest opportunity.

Leak any adverse or contentious comments at EFL meetings- see Redgate- into the media to ratchet things up.

Oh and if all else fails, then good old on the pitch. Can't beat em- join em. Can't join em- kick em!

Two footers for Rooney, Clarke, Bielik, Bogle early doors would be nice.  Take one for the team, aka the League- by weakening their side in the League.

I assume two footers are straight reds- think Wycombe are quite physical aren't they, gwan!

Yes have been on their website and had a look, this guy pop the plonker or what he is called is very opinionated, his views are more extreme than the others. I think the two footer comments is aweful things like that end careers, what a thing to say. 

they are all entitled to their opinions but I’m shocked how over the top the comments are, that the problem with convicting people before the hearing, pop the plonker in particular is filed with hate and clearly needs a lay down and some medication ( obviously he would need An appropriate adult to decide) still when his balls have dropped and the spots have gone he will be a little mature.

5 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Southampton are not under the jurisdiction of the EFL. If there is a problem with the loan it doesn't just go away just because another team has done the same thing.

Fail to see the issue with the loan full stop.they have purchased no share the club and the same at the other 2 clubs.so no conflict.same as a loan from a bank.strange how only x1 paper ran this story and no one else has.also how do you know the loan was not approved by the EFL as is has done and allows so in there rules.strange not 1 media outlet has followed up on this.do you not think......

4 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Yeah, the Twitter meltdown has been something to behold. Mainly Leeds though clearly not because there's any rivalry. I think the delay in any statement from Boro is because they are still administering CPR to poor Ickle Stevie Gibson. Hope he pulls through ?

I Don't know if this has been aired earlier in the thread (i'm too elated to go through all the pages for the last 6 hours).

I  have just been on the EFL website and they have a piece extolling the virtues of the best player out side the Premier League:

Just happens to be Kalvin Phillips! i think someone should have told them that they let Leeds be promoted last month.!!

The problem with sueing the EFL in a court of law rather than in a Tribunal is that you have to have a reason to sue and to have suffered loss.

We can probably show the loss, to some extent, fairly easily - costs of lawyers for example, but the rest - did we lose out on the pitch because we've had a soft transfer embargo since January (if we did) is much harder to prove.  As is reputational damage, to the club or to individuals.

If the EFL can argue that they pursued the tribunal process because there was good reason to do so under its regulations and that they did so without being vexatious in any way - and it would be very hard for us to prove that they, or others, were being vexatious whatever we may believe - then we would stand little chance of winning.  

I doubt whether there's anything in the EFL regulations that would allow us to claim expenses in the event of us winning the Tribunal 

15 minutes ago, RammingStone66 said:

Will we get charges due to the Dell loan? I'm sure certain clubs will be pushing even harder to get us charges for that.

I highly doubt DCFC will get charged , I’m sure Mel will have written permission and the EFL will not want to get bitten twice especially if the written review is (as expected ) highly critical of them  

48 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

From the John Percy article in The Telegraph.

Derby will now weigh up whether to seek compensation after racking up millions of losses during the investigation

coincidentally next to an article that reports that Messi has told Barcelona that he wants to leave the club.

...........I reckon it’s a bit too early to nip over to the transfer forum just yet.

II say mel goes for and sue efl

46 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Yes have been on their website and had a look, this guy pop the plonker or what he is called is very opinionated, his views are more extreme than the others. I think the two footer comments is aweful things like that end careers, what a thing to say. 

they are all entitled to their opinions but I’m shocked how over the top the comments are, that the problem with convicting people before the hearing, pop the plonker in particular is filed with hate and clearly needs a lay down and some medication ( obviously he would need An appropriate adult to decide) still when his balls have dropped and the spots have gone he will be a little mature.

Wtf has it got to do with them anyway 

a tin pot club that claim to be a sleeping giant where in truth their just a poo little club That the football world have never taken notice of who just so happen to be in a big city.

we've done nothing wrong  

we were wrongly accused of something and it’s been laughed out of court.

lot of to do about nothing, so now it’s all done we can concentrate on pushing for the play offs As per while brizzle work our how they intend abjectly land in mid table nothingness again 

the end  

10 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I highly doubt DCFC will get charged , I’m sure Mel will have written permission and the EFL will not want to get bitten twice especially if the written review is (as expected ) highly critical of them  

Yep. Mel will put everything through the right channels at the EFL now just to prove the point.

You got a permit for that sir?

yes I do officer.........you signed it!

40 minutes ago, Ramslaar said:

Fail to see the issue with the loan full stop.they have purchased no share the club and the same at the other 2 clubs.so no conflict.same as a loan from a bank.strange how only x1 paper ran this story and no one else has.also how do you know the loan was not approved by the EFL as is has done and allows so in there rules.strange not 1 media outlet has followed up on this.do you not think......

Who said I had an issue with the loan? I'm just pointing out to you that just because another team has done it doesn't mean anything. You can't say that man over there murdered someone, so me also murdering someone is completely fine. 

The story was initially run by the Daily Mail and then copied by every other parasitical news company. I see nothing strange in this - its how the media works now. In any case I'd argue that the rules are not particularly clear on whether this is kosher or not - section 10 doesn't just cover buying shares in the business.

17 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

a tin pot club that claim to be a sleeping giant where in truth their just a poo little club That the football world have never taken notice of who just so happen to be in a big city.

we've done nothing wrong  

lot of to do about nothing, so now it’s all done we can concentrate on pushing for the play offs As per while brizzle work our how they intend abjectly land in mid table nothingness again 

the end  

Exactly... no way we'd indulge in classless, baiting of other clubs ?

26 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

we've done nothing wrong  

the end  

Never heard of them being described as a sleeping giant! 

Archived