Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what I'm going to do with my Friday nights now I don't have to keep refreshing this page ?

Excellent news though of course and I hope it hasn't affected our transfer plans too much.

Not sure how I feel about countersuing the EFL, I'd rather start making backpage headlines again instead of front page ones - but I guess if MM feels we have a cast iron case then I guess I'll continue to trust his judgement.

4 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

It was quite a hard embargo, Angie, in the tangible detrimental effects to Derby County's business and potential progress last season, even though it is referred to as a soft embargo.

The charges, false as they were, became a secret, silent and persistent 'punishment' on Derby regardless of any judgement outcome because of the reasons many cited above.

I think the only satisfaction that EFL stooges can draw from the whole fiasco is precisely that silent punishment and I'm sure that the resident clowns there will take some comfort from Derby's predicament.

The EFL need to establish reasonable timetable parameters on such cases to prevent such drawn-out damage and they also need to find a way to dissuade or punish those clubs (such a Boro, Barnsley) that actively seek to damage their competitors and pre-judge the proceedings, substance and outcome of disciplinary cases.

I'd also like to see these so called 'soft' embargoes properly regulated and transparent.

It seems perverse that a club can be given the nod in secret they're under one, all the other club's and agents they have dealings with must also be aware, and the fans of such clubs are officially in the dark.

Yet everyone in charge of football are all too keen to tell us that football means nothing without the fans, yet are happy to treat us like mushrooms in the grand scheme of things.

3 hours ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

So we've been operating under a soft embargo for no reason? I hope the club takes action against the EFL.

I don’t think we can take action can we as we are a member of the EFL 

28 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

The Telegraph article claims we have lost money because of this whole debacle, if that is the case then why should we just sit down and take it? We should at least claim enough from the EFL to be able to get back to where we would have been financially without it.

The original investment talk was also pre Covid, nothing will be worth as much for a long time post Covid so Mel will have lost a lot of money in any investment deal that was due to go ahead, through no fault of his own, that can't be right either.

Yet then again maybe and we also clearly weren’t able to transfer players into the club in January which may have stopped us getting promoted  

24 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Brizzle fans really aren't happy!

As for Derby, I hope the EFL find some grounds to appeal this- throw anything and everything they can at it. If other clubs can give evidence, that would be nice too though I don't know how that all works- maybe they can only give evidence when the club itself appeal against an adverse verdict.

There are things that can be done though! Maybe.

Do not let Mel Morris or Derby directors into your ground- all clubs should do this to them and perhaps Sheffield Wednesday- ostracise the ******* as much as you can.

Raise complaints with the EFL on whatever might be an issue- see their recent loan.

Try to raise some kind of vote to force Stephen Pearce off the EFL board at the earliest opportunity.

Leak any adverse or contentious comments at EFL meetings- see Redgate- into the media to ratchet things up.

Oh and if all else fails, then good old on the pitch. Can't beat em- join em. Can't join em- kick em!

Two footers for Rooney, Clarke, Bielik, Bogle early doors would be nice.  Take one for the team, aka the League- by weakening their side in the League.

I assume two footers are straight reds- think Wycombe are quite physical aren't they, gwan!

The opinions of bitter fans of tinpot clubs like Bristol City should mean absolutely nothing to us.

People who are angry about the decision clearly don't understand what we were charged with.

Clubs still moaning about our practices are just bitter they weren't smart enough to do it themselves whilst they could. 

Hot off the press on LTLF...

Gump #1 "We may as well sell our stadium to ourselves at an inflated price now. Why should we have to cut our cloth accordingly when others don't?"

Gump #2 "We don’t own the land"

Made me chuckle.

45 minutes ago, S8TY said:

There is a bigger picture to see though surely ...taking legal action against the EFL might give us a short term gain in terms of money compensation etc ...but what price for the EFL to constantly have it in for us for the whole time we’re in the EFL if we were to take them to the cleaners??? We have been cleared let’s get on with what we love now ...playing football ??

Taking legal action is the bigger picture. The EFL can't be allowed to continue in the atrocious state it is currently run in and if it takes legal action to force them to change then so be it.

The EFL already had it in for us after Mel led the complaints over the god awful tv deal. Legal action wont change that.

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I don’t think we can take action can we as we are a member of the EFL 

Yet then again maybe and we also clearly weren’t able to transfer players into the club in January which may have stopped us getting promoted  

Gibson threatened to sue them, that was before we played Villa at Wembley wasn't it? That appeared to be what kicked this whole thing off. If he can, we can, surely?

It's a very good point that both you and @angieram have made about the January window, and whether the soft embargo was also in place then. If that's the reason we didn't make signings then yes, it definitely seemed to have an effect and who knows what the rest of our season would have panned out like if we had, it's not like we were far away points wise in the end.

15 minutes ago, Gritty said:

Delighted with outcome as it shows we haven't broken rules. Can look forward to next season with real confidence I think. 

I stand by my view that I don't think we should put ourselves in position where we need to take such extreme measures. But I actually think Mel has learnt and we won't have massive splurges again that we can't afford. 

Just hope we aren't now charged because of the loan from MSD and we have no further regulatory issues. 

I would be surprised if Mel didn’t have a massive splurge when the verdict came through 

On 23/08/2020 at 08:25, Brummie Steve said:

"Setting aside the fact that Derby County beat your favorite team in last year's semi final in a controversial 90th minute goal that was clearly miles offside, are you truly impartial and independent?"

Oh yes!

Yeah right!

49 minutes ago, Josh said:

Hahahahaha so what happened to the Friday’s at 7PM? Caught me right off guard. Jumped off the toilet at work ?

I hope it wasn’t very high

53 minutes ago, S8TY said:

There is a bigger picture to see though surely ...taking legal action against the EFL might give us a short term gain in terms of money compensation etc ...but what price for the EFL to constantly have it in for us for the whole time we’re in the EFL if we were to take them to the cleaners??? We have been cleared let’s get on with what we love now ...playing football ??

Part of me agrees .. let’s just move on and get on with the game. Yet what price an organisation that seems to be infected with petty partisan cadres. ?  Is this right for the administrators and law givers of a major organisation that holds sway over the prosperity and livelyhoods of so many businesses, their employees and their customers ? 

2 minutes ago, jono said:

Part of me agrees .. let’s just move on and get on with the game. Yet what price an organisation that seems to be infected with petty partisan cadres. ?  Is this right for the administrators and law givers of a major organisation that holds sway over the prosperity and livelyhoods of so many businesses, their employees and their customers ? 

It really doesn't seem right that they can do what they've done and get away scot-free.

If we don't take action against them now, what is there to stop them falsely accusing us (or anyone else) again? If we do and they have to pay out compensation then they might think very carefully before being so ridiculous next time.

Archived