Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

They had 14 days notice to make representations with regard to penalties them 1 day before it was announced.  The appeal process is different and I don’t know the timings.  It sort of moves from internal matters to external more legal environments 

That's what a local reporter said about theirs.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Won't be much if they finish near the drop again. I'd take Gibson posting a grovelling apology on the Boro website and all social media channels instead. 

It wouldnt be much wherever they finish in the Championship. 

19 minutes ago, Topram said:

EFL will appeal it just to drag it out as long as they can. 

Can’t see Mel splashing any Doe till it’s over 

Disagree, it's no longer for Derby to defend a claim, rather for the EFL to prove any claim. The cost of bringing any appeal and the disrupute they would bring to the league would leave the EFL in a bad place should they fail, just can't see them trying it. 

There would be no restrictions on the club, even if the EFL do appeal. To work in any other way would be akin to punishing an innocent party. 

I'd favour reform over yet more litigation. Either that or the formation of an entirely new break-away league under new governance. While it's certainly fair to expect the role of some of the executive and non-exec directors of the EFL to now come under close scrutiny, I fear those expecting or hoping for an all-out legal assault are just priming themselves for yet more disappointment. 

I think we should all bear in mind that in order for us to seek damages, we would need to commit further substantial sums of money to cover the cost of any such litigation. Furthermore, far from being cut and dried, it could be a further year or two before a final verdict is reached. There are also no cast-iron guarantees that we would secure the verdict we would want, nor that any settlement would cover all losses incurred. These processes are really not as simple as some folk appear to believe. I was adamant straight from the off that we would be exonerated in respect of the charges brought by the EFL, but I've no such confidence about any attempt to secure full and proper restitution.

Perhaps after the incredibly shitty year the club and fans have had to endure, we should concentrate on securing victories on the pitch and not off it? Is it right that we have been unjustly targeted, labelled and punished? Of course not. But do we want this sorry episode to continue to define our club in any way, shape or form? Not for me.

Time to truly pull together, I reckon. Use this to create momentum enough to launch a successful bid for promotion. Kiss this league and the two-bob EFL goodbye. That'd be my preferred course of action and how sweet would that feel!

1 hour ago, Gritty said:

Delighted with outcome as it shows we haven't broken rules. Can look forward to next season with real confidence I think. 

I stand by my view that I don't think we should put ourselves in position where we need to take such extreme measures. But I actually think Mel has learnt and we won't have massive splurges again that we can't afford. 

Just hope we aren't now charged because of the loan from MSD and we have no further regulatory issues. 

The loan thing is a total none starter.... if they did us they have to do Southampton and Sunderland.its just a loan just some club bitter as I can assure you plenty of clubs are gonna really struggle if this no fans continue.bitter they never thought of it just like the stadium sale and the star deal(rooney)

Just hope now that people get behind mel and the team now, I get mel has not done every thing correct and mistakes have been made but this really feels like a fresh start now.the man has done wonders for this club and continues to show his class and put Derby first.we now have the right manager and team of people you will start to see derbys stock rise.to all the journalists, ex footballs, chairmen, pundits,EFL and many more who have jumped on the bang wagon and tryed to put us down f@#$ you.we are Derby super Derby super rams.

16 minutes ago, Ramslaar said:

The loan thing is a total none starter.... if they did us they have to do Southampton and Sunderland.its just a loan just some club bitter as I can assure you plenty of clubs are gonna really struggle if this no fans continue.bitter they never thought of it just like the stadium sale and the star deal(rooney)

Southampton are not under the jurisdiction of the EFL. If there is a problem with the loan it doesn't just go away just because another team has done the same thing.

Archived