Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

Sith Happens
22 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think mel conserding sueing efl now I think he should.

We wont have any grounds i doubt, im sure it will all neatly be covered off in the small print but i would love Derby to take on he EFL and any club that has gone on record suggesting Derby have done something wrong, so thats Bristol and Middlesbrough.

I trust both of those involved with those clubs will issue a frank apology.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Forest, in particular, they have an enormous wagebill in comparison to ours, a lower income and they don't have a stadium to sell. The irony in them begging for tighter punishments will not be lost on me when this all comes to a head. 

Yeh but they have an owner who's more than happy to bribe officials so they should be fine

Ours picks fights with officials instead (and wins... LAD)

Realistically what is there to gain from suing the EFL? You're not going to get anything really meaningful in return for the effort, a small financial remuneration or compensation at best (which you'll never see most of anyway) which may actually take money away from the pockets of those further down the pyramid?

It's not like you're going to be awarded extra points, immunity from relegation or the league rejigged to to award you a guaranteed play-off final spot or any other wacky idea.

1 minute ago, Coconut said:

Realistically what is there to gain from suing the EFL? You're not going to get anything really meaningful in return for the effort, a small financial remuneration or compensation at best (which you'll never see most of anyway) which may actually take money away from the pockets of those further down the pyramid?

It's not like you're going to be awarded extra points, immunity from relegation or the league rejigged to to award you a guaranteed play-off final spot or any other wacky idea.

Wouldn’t bet against legal action against Gibson for malicious vexation I think the term is. Also the likes of the Barnsley chairman and Daily Mail   

3 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Rams now 12 points ahead of worst scenario without kicking a ball.

1 minute ago, Coconut said:

Absolutely @Coconut. Neither do I think it's Mel's style. He'll just "smoke the cigar" for now and then behave with the utmost dignity and move on. There's no point in us taking this further and Derby County can hold its head up high. Immaculate conduct by the Club from the word go. Mel said the charges were "unlawful" from the very first day and he's been proved right. Class performance. 

15 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

We wont have any grounds i doubt, im sure it will all neatly be covered off in the small print but i would love Derby to take on he EFL and any club that has gone on record suggesting Derby have done something wrong, so thats Bristol and Middlesbrough.

I trust both of those involved with those clubs will issue a frank apology.

Yea I dont think theres much to be gained, better we look gracious in victory and dont go chasing petty law suits.

Let other clubs try and sue themselves up the league table

Time to get on with some actual football and leave this whole mess behind us

2 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I get what you're saying about taking money from those lower down, but maybe EFL should have thought about that before trying to fight such a stupid battle in the first place?

If it's ok for Gibson and the likes to spout off about taking legal action against the EFL, and openly accusing us of cheating (which the EFL continually let them get away with) when we didn't actually do anything wrong then it sure as heck is ok for us to take legal action against them after what they've actually done to us. They've dragged our name through the mud for months, delayed our potential investment deal at a time when clubs have no real income and had us under an embargo for absolutely no reason.

I'd also be taking legal action against anyone who has accused us of wrongdoing, it would be a nice little earner given how many have, and they certainly wouldn't be doing it again in a hurry.

11 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

The daily fail already printing untruths, implying the second charge is in relation to the loan we announced last week.  

If there is an efl issue with the loan, we are yet to be informed of it. 

Archived