Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

21 hours ago, Shadowplay said:

The way the EFL go about things, starting to see the attraction of a Premier League 2

The championship is already premier league 2 governed by idiots 

Says it all regarding the gap when you are pushing salary caps of: 

League 2 - 1.5m 

League 1 - 2.5m 

Championship - 18.5m 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Burtonram2066 said:

The championship is already premier league 2 governed by idiots 

Says it all regarding the gap when you are pushing salary caps of: 

League 2 - 1.5m 

League 1 - 2.5m 

Championship - 18.5m 

Is that really the number proposed for the championship? Half the division are well over that number - a few are more than double that. Its also more than double the entire revenue for some of the poorer clubs. I cant believe they'd be able to get the clubs to agree to it

As it stands one of the parachute payment teams could have a wage bill almost as much as the entirety of League 1 when the cap is implemented in that league. The gap is gigantic

18 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Are we in a soft embargo at the minute?

Asked a few friends of my son who work in journalism they came back with the answer no we are not under a embargo. They said the sports guys said look around nothing much is happening even at the top end anywhere. 

Clubs waiting to the last minute before moving, saving cash and players finding the contracts they want are not on offer outside the elite clubs. 

27 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Asked a few friends of my son who work in journalism they came back with the answer no we are not under a embargo. They said the sports guys said look around nothing much is happening even at the top end anywhere. 

Clubs waiting to the last minute before moving, saving cash and players finding the contracts they want are not on offer outside the elite clubs. 

And the problem for us and other clubs, and players and their agents, is that the window doesn’t close until October 5th (3weeks after the season has started) and even then has another 2 weeks when deals with the EPL clubs can go ahead.  
If clubs leave it until the last minute as per usual we may not have a settled squad until early November 

2 minutes ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

We really have to assume we have what we have. Wisdom, Bielik and the new Dutch guy fighting it out for centre back. 

So that's Wisdom and Dutch guy until October.

Evan's as well actually, he is a decent option.

Even stranger we allowed Max Hunt to go in Jan, we probably could have done with him now.

51 minutes ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

We really have to assume we have what we have. Wisdom, Bielik and the new Dutch guy fighting it out for centre back. 

Bielik was no where near as effective for Charlton on the occasions he played centre back, compared to when he played central midfield.  He dallies on the ball (a flaw Bowyer specifically said he targeted in the match at the Valley). I think Bielik and Shinnie will be backup for Rooney and Bird.

50 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

So that's Wisdom and Dutch guy until October.

Evan's as well actually, he is a decent option.

Even stranger we allowed Max Hunt to go in Jan, we probably could have done with him now.

Davies, Forsyth and Buchanan can all play centre back too. I don't dispute we could do with another though 

56 minutes ago, Gritty said:

Davies, Forsyth and Buchanan can all play centre back too. I don't dispute we could do with another though 

I don't think my eyes, my heart or my head could take watching Forsyth at centre half ever again.

Davies has been a good player and he seems like a top professional and a genuinely lovely bloke. 

But he isn't at this level anymore. Not been the same since that injury at Stoke. 

Archived