v Forest (H) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They absolutely contained us and were able to continue that way because of that first goal...had it not come,the game would have opened up more so credit to forest to be honest.

Real shame losing waghorn,we desperately need him on the wing especially as we have lost the other red card holder for daft behaviour.

We shouldn't be too downhearted about this,mist teams we meet will allow us to play our game.

Onwards and upwards.

2 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

To be fair, I don’t necessarily agree that the Derby players have been so bad.

Forest are doing a number here, and rightfully so, as they are playing well based on their game plan.

We’ve drawn to a team, better suited to the tactics/formation today.

Let’s move on, it's more important for us to beat Cardiff, as it’s their spot we’re trying to sneak into.

Special mention to Max Bird today, he’s a real talent, the main man in midfield. Head and shoulders above the other players today, in my humble opinion.

Forest were spot on. I don't think we were terrible for 60 minds... just flat.

However the first 20-30 mins were awful. Totally pants with and without the ball. Against a team that sits back, we were so slow that they came out. We pressed with only two players yet they found acres of space 18 - 30 yards out. 

There was no bravery. Bogle didn't overlap Knight and Knight just tucked in and fell asleep. Every single move had to go through Rooney and they all rejected any forward pass that didn't have a 100% chance of making it. Bogle looked bored. 

Very negative start. Got what we deserved. Left ourselves all the work to do. 

I'm glad that one is behind us. Forest set-up in a way that completely nullified us. Rooney and Bird had a lot of the ball but had nowhere to play it due to Forest's organisation. One early hit from distance, and a shot from distance that didn't really look like it was troubling us until it nicked the post and went in. From there we really struggled to create anything.

Waghorn's red is another huge miss. He created more than most in his short cameo and we now miss our top scorer for 3 games. I think it was a red, but really unfortunate for Waghorn. His leg was high and he turned his back to block Yates as Whittaker won the ball. His studs were up and made contact high up Yates leg so he gave the referee no option, but he looked absolutely devastated after the game.

Sky are showing stats that make us look better than we were. 68% possession and double the passes in their half compared to what they had to ours. Overall, they were the better side because their game plan and approach was about 30 seconds away from working. Possession and territory doesn't make you the better side and I'm hoping we don't face any sides who set up in that way again this struggle, because it doesn't suit our style.

At the end of the day, any equaliser was going to be an ugly passage of play scrambled in, or Rooney curling it in from 30 yards. Ultimately, a ball pinballing about in the Forest box and then bouncing in off Martin's back has completely undone Forest's 96 minutes of hard work and I am definitely happy to take the point given the circumstances.

On to West Brom.

It makes me sad because imagine the celebrations in the ground if fans were allowed to attend.

20k Rams fans going mental. The 10k that left early ruing their choice. The 3k Forest fans despondent.

7 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Crazy challenge by Waghorn and probably cost us of what little chance we had of making the play offs given the teams we still have to face

O ye of little faith.

We just won 5 games on the bounce we were due a poor game and to say we had little chance before Waggy was sent off is fairly ludicrous.

As for the losses, well Lawrence will be back next weekend and we have depth.

I'm confident they won't win out and it will come down to us winning at Cardiff.

With no home crowd advantage I'd say that's 50-50.

Couldn't face watching that - can't stand watching us on TV at the best of times, way to stressful - anyway I was alerted to the goal by a mate texting asking if Derby had scored as his 'neighbour is going mental' !!

Archived