v Forest (H) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

Mentioned added time for PNE game where did they come from??  Well today when the board went up I thought 6 (again) where did they come from..... but I’ll be forever grateful ?

Come on Bristol City 4-0 and we go 6th ?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't surprised by the start in this game, its all about momentum and the 2nd half of Preston just rolled on into this game. There was no tempo apart from about 3 five minute spells throughout the game.

Holmes prior to the corona shut down was one of the most exciting players to watch but looks a yard off the pace now and with 50p pieces strapped to his boots. As for Bogle, geez what a bloody show pony, shows no effort to make any space whatsoever, looks bored and disinterested... I may be wrong but I assume he thinks he is better than he is and also his injury against Preston to me was just get himself subbed as there winger was giving him a torrid time. As for the rest all 5's & 6's for 95 minutes, the red dogs were much better organized with more desire than us..... from the 96th minute it was all Derby ?

Now its all about momentum, that finish to this game feels like a win, lets go on now boys, put that non-showing to bed.

Just now, LincsRam said:

As for Bogle, geez what a bloody show pony, shows no effort to make any space whatsoever, looks bored and disinterested... I may be wrong but I assume he thinks he is better than he is and also his injury against Preston to me was just get himself subbed as there winger was giving him a torrid time.

What a load of dog poo, sorry I understand everyone has the right to their own opinion but that just seems like the biggest load of baalocks I have ever seen.

3 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Mentioned added time for PNE game where did they come from??  Well today when the board went up I thought 6 (again) where did they come from..... but I’ll be forever grateful ?

Come on Bristol City 4-0 and we go 6th ?

2 long injury breaks (Yates x 2), drinks break, multiple subs & standard time wasting.

2 minutes ago, LincsRam said:

As for Bogle, geez what a bloody show pony, shows no effort to make any space whatsoever, looks bored and disinterested... I may be wrong but I assume he thinks he is better than he is and also his injury against Preston to me was just get himself subbed as there winger was giving him a torrid time.

Craig Ramage, is that you?

2 minutes ago, Squid said:

What a load of dog poo, sorry I understand everyone has the right to their own opinion but that just seems like the biggest load of baalocks I have ever seen.

Fair enough, you have an opposite opinion, now tell me when he didn't receive the ball and the first thing he does most of the time is look to pass back, in about the 8oth minute when he woke up, he tried to run forward 3 times and it was much better..... my point is what about the first 80 mins, did he forget we were losing?

19 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Considered thoughts 

Hamer - we really need to improve on him 

Bogle - not given the ball in front of him and showed little 

Evans - little defending to do but his use of the ball killed us as it was so slow and always to his left taking Bogle and Holmes out of the game but he’s a squad player but it hurt us today 

Clarke - I thought he was ok 

Forsyth - ok

bird - largely anonymous 

Rooney - not many options to pass the ball 

sibley - our MOM for me 

Holmes - no balls into his feet to turn and attack the opponent 

knight - not involved enough for me 

Martin - not much he could do with hardly any balls into him - scored by backing in ???

- brief mention to Waghorn - why? - he even missed the lad properly 

Red dogs - fairly solid and boring against a team with so many unavailable and didn’t need the help we always seem to give them - Worrall - what a complete idiot - but it was funny 

Our midfield was nullified today. Cocu ought to have had an answer to change it up. We were lucky. 

Thank god for that equaliser, made my weekend. Could not allow the dogs to beat us 3 on the bounce this year. 

Not our greatest performance, but still a great point in the end. 

Pleased Chris Martin has final got a goal against the red dogs. 

And remember Rams fans, they failed to beat 10 man Derby again. 

We only had 10 men, we only had 10 men. 

5 minutes ago, LincsRam said:

Fair enough, you have an opposite opinion, now tell me when he didn't receive the ball and the first thing he does most of the time is look to pass back, in about the 8oth minute when he woke up, he tried to run forward 3 times and it was much better..... my point is what about the first 80 mins, did he forget we were losing?

I agree he had a poor game today. I was more bothered about your comments about him being a "show pony" "thinking he's better than he is" etc...

1 minute ago, Squid said:

I agree he had a poor game today. I was more bothered about your comments about him being a "show pony" "thinking he's better than he is" etc...

I was liking the guy until the last few games, he doesn't look to get forward enough for me, hence the show pony comment with him strolling around, when he does charge down the wing he is excellent, that is the strongest part of his game.

1 minute ago, LincsRam said:

I was liking the guy until the last few games, he doesn't look to get forward enough for me, hence the show pony comment with him strolling around, when he does charge down the wing he is excellent, that is the strongest part of his game.

Not gonna charge forward when Holmes gives him little cover. I also think he misses an old head in the back four.

22 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Agree by and large although, faced with little competition from the others, I'd consider Clarke as contender for MOM.

Thought Hamer had quite a good game today (better than usual on crosses). A few smart saves, finger tips away from their first (which came through a crowd of legs).

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Yes we were lucky but we don’t have many options available- Shinnie probably 

Indeed Shinnie. We were static which played into their game plan. Without any movement football is a difficult game to play and harder to keep possession. 

2 minutes ago, Squid said:

I agree and I think it’s easy to forget that Bogle is still young. He is a very good player. As he becomes more experienced he will eliminate many of the shortcomings in his game. 

We’re lucky to have him imo.

Just now, Ellafella said:

Indeed Shinnie. We were static which played into their game plan. Without any movement football is a difficult game to play and harder to keep possession. 

I presume JoFlo was meant to run at them? Needed someone to go forward with the ball, too much obvious slow sideways stuff.

Archived