v Forest (H) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Funniest last minute Martin equaliser since Leeds. Think the boys deserve a massive night out now since pubs are open again.

If they want to do their body harm while games are coming thick and fast and we're chasing a playoff place at the end of the season, sure go for it

Flat performance all round where from 1-11 we just seemed a bit off the pace and lacked a bit of zip in the passing. Waghorn and Lawrence were a miss early on as we needed a bit more threat from wide.

Also games like this are were we really miss someone like Keogh, someone to bring the ball out and draw the opposition out of position. Need Evans to be a little braver when he finds himself in those situations. 

Ultimately though if you pick up a point when you are off it then you take it and run. 

7 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Wonder what waghorns ban will be. If its 3 I'd consider an appeal. 

Two games for Dissent..........Three for everything else and can be increased if they feel it is necessary ...........So Waggy gets 3

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

No point, they'd go studs up it's a red. Given its waghorn he's clumsy enough to have genuinely not meant it.

Think the sending off possibly made them think it was game over.

Frustratingly Waghorns eyes are completely on the ball, he put his foot up to effectively protect himself, but the lack of awareness to what’s around you is poor. I don’t think he’s gone in to hurt him, just a bit daft from an experienced pro

Our worst performance since the turn of the year and we stole a point. That will feel like a win to the players.

I think today showed us that while the play-offs are very much possible for us, we have to be at it.

Injuries and suspensions are biting and obviously adds weight to the thinking that this is too much too soon for us which is fine.

As organised, well drilled and tactically astute Forest were, did we actually show enough? That was the disappointing thing. No hunger, no urgency, no intensity, a complete shadow of ourselves.

We played it like it was a pre-season friendly, ambling around. It was so frustrating to watch. Leeds or Brentford would have ripped us to shreds today.

Forest deserved to win comfortably. They didn’t. We had a lucky escape. Cocu needs to give the boys a shake or the next four games could be a rude awakening.

21 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Not for me. Bit clumsy. Never a straight red. We've not had a decision go our way all game.

I am certain it wasn’t deliberate, I think he was trying to turn away from the collision. Having said that, his foot was left dangling and can understand The red. 

3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Frustratingly Waghorns eyes are completely on the ball, he put his foot up to effectively protect himself, but the lack of awareness to what’s around you is poor. I don’t think he’s gone in to hurt him, just a bit daft from an experienced pro

Correct - but sadly a clear as day red.

We played like it was the second half v preston. 

playing it around safely to no effect is all very well but there have to be players who can suddenly click into gear and turn defence into attack. We just haven’t got that spark. 

Archived