v Forest (H) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

5 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Shinnie needs to come in and Rooney up top. I think it was Shinnie-Bird against Blackburn as well? Played very well together.

Play Jahmal Hector-Ingram. He could be the future and save us a lot of money. He has pace which the team lacks desperately. If you ain’t playing him with no strikers, when are you going to?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considered thoughts 

Hamer - we really need to improve on him 

Bogle - not given the ball in front of him and showed little 

Evans - little defending to do but his use of the ball killed us as it was so slow and always to his left taking Bogle and Holmes out of the game but he’s a squad player but it hurt us today 

Clarke - I thought he was ok 

Forsyth - ok

bird - largely anonymous 

Rooney - not many options to pass the ball 

sibley - our MOM for me 

Holmes - no balls into his feet to turn and attack the opponent 

knight - not involved enough for me 

Martin - not much he could do with hardly any balls into him - scored by backing in ???

- brief mention to Waghorn - why? - he even missed the lad properly 

Red dogs - fairly solid and boring against a team with so many unavailable and didn’t need the help we always seem to give them - Worrall - what a complete idiot - but it was funny 

My vote for player of the year goes to Chris Martin, I know he hasn’t played as much as he has done in our great season but he’s been so important with his vital goals this season to scrape us points in difficult games, ie today, Leeds etc . He’s missed out on it with the likes of Bryson and Keogh taking the crown and with his long time here and all he’s been through with being loaned out, illness and uncertainty about his future at times,  I think he thoroughly deserves it before his time at Derby is over, later rather than sooner I hope. Still proving his worth to us , take a bow Chris ! 

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Shambolic, embarrassing, shocking, pathetic, half arsed... all words that could be used to describe that ineffective first 95 minutes. The 96th minute though... pure elation! What a brilliant robbery! Tbh I’d have taken a point as these sort of games are always tough, and it keeps us in the race. It’s just the Waghorn red that could really hurt us. Just hope we play a bit (lot) better next game.

We were certainly poor today and looked, for 96 minutes, incapable of breaking down a very well organised Forest team or even testing the keeper but I think your adjectives are a little over the top.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Play Jahmal Hector-Ingram. He could be the future and save us a lot of money. He has pace which the team lacks desperately. If you ain’t playing him with no strikers, when are you going to?

That's the other option but not sure how much JHI has been involved with the current tactics? That's my biggest concern.

If Shinnie replaces Rooney in the middle, we know what we get. He has been between decent and very good every time he plays.

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Considered thoughts 

Hamer - we really need to improve on him 

Bogle - not given the ball in front of him and showed little 

Evans - little defending to do but his use of the ball killed us as it was so slow and always to his left taking Bogle and Holmes out of the game but he’s a squad player but it hurt us today 

Clarke - I thought he was ok 

Forsyth - ok

bird - largely anonymous 

Rooney - not many options to pass the ball 

sibley - our MOM for me 

Holmes - no balls into his feet to turn and attack the opponent 

knight - not involved enough for me 

Martin - not much he could do with hardly any balls into him - scored by backing in ???

- brief mention to Waghorn - why? - he even missed the lad properly 

Red dogs - fairly solid and boring against a team with so many unavailable and didn’t need the help we always seem to give them - Worrall - what a complete idiot - but it was funny 

Agree by and large although, faced with little competition from the others, I'd consider Clarke as contender for MOM.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

We were certainly poor today and looked, for 96 minutes, incapable of breaking down a very well organised Forest team or even testing the keeper but I think your adjectives are a little over the top.

It was a little tongue in cheek to emphasise the shithousing. Still the worst we’ve played in ages though.

11 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

Surely, getting a red-card against Forest does not deserve any stick?

When you're in a playoff race, yes it does

Quick thoughts 
Well what a finish, amazing how little things like that can help spur you forward.

Today is a lesson that in football have to gamble with conviction. Lolley’s goal for first came from that in a half they didn’t really create much of anything despite dominating. Thing is he had the aggression and conviction to take it on. Although wildly different goals Martin’s is the same, he saw a chance and made sure he got something on it. Through positive play he just got it through. Don’t forget Whittaker’s contribution deep into injury time challenging a dead ball, he made Worrell panic and we picked up the free kick.

That is the best Forest side we have played for some time, but there’s a ceiling within how far they can go if that’s the style of play they want, we’ve been there under Billy Davies, Rowett etc. A more experienced Bird and Sibley would have dominated that game but there lack of experience put too much pressure on Rooney who found himself deep and rudderless too many times. Hindsight but maybe we would have been better resting Knight or Sibley today and pushing Rooney further forward and played Shinnie? Forest didn’t fancy it when you matched them in the battle.

Their keeper and defence were poor to me, I think we needed to be more direct and put them under pressure a bit more than we did.

In a similar respect we missed Wisdom and Lawrence because they hold the ball. Maaaaybe Keogh too? There was a lot of comfortable passing without any real conviction which played into their hands.

I think the ref gave it them on a plate the first twenty minutes. Gave them pure control with soft free kicks that they were looking for and it led to the first goal. Local derbies need good, consistent reffing.

Could write a whole load more on the ineffectiveness of Bogles game but I might leave that for another time. There are more drinks to drink. 

13 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Shambolic, embarrassing, shocking, pathetic, half arsed... all words that could be used to describe that ineffective first 95 minutes. The 96th minute though... pure elation! What a brilliant robbery! Tbh I’d have taken a point as these sort of games are always tough, and it keeps us in the race. It’s just the Waghorn red that could really hurt us. Just hope we play a bit (lot) better next game.

Yes apparently after Sir Chris's interview Phil and the crew left Pride Park in a hurry.

They had heard the sirens coming ?

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

Quick thoughts 
Well what a finish, amazing how little things like that can help spur you forward.

Today is a lesson that in football have to gamble with conviction. Lolley’s goal for first came from that in a half they didn’t really create much of anything despite dominating. Thing is he had the aggression and conviction to take it on. Although wildly different goals Martin’s is the same, he saw a chance and made sure he got something on it. Through positive play he just got it through. Don’t forget Whittaker’s contribution deep into injury time challenging a dead ball, he made Worrell panic and we picked up the free kick.

That is the best Forest side we have played for some time, but there’s a ceiling within how far they can go if that’s the style of play they want, we’ve been there under Billy Davies, Rowett etc. A more experienced Bird and Sibley would have dominated that game but there lack of experience put too much pressure on Rooney who found himself deep and rudderless too many times. Hindsight but maybe we would have been better resting Knight or Sibley today and pushing Rooney further forward and played Shinnie? Forest didn’t fancy it when you matched them in the battle.

Their keeper and defence were poor to me, I think we needed to be more direct and put them under pressure a bit more than we did.

In a similar respect we missed Wisdom and Lawrence because they hold the ball. Maaaaybe Keogh too? There was a lot of comfortable passing without any real conviction which played into their hands.

I think the ref gave it them on a plate the first twenty minutes. Gave them pure control with soft free kicks that they were looking for and it led to the first goal. Local derbies need good, consistent reffing.

Could write a whole load more on the ineffectiveness of Bogles game but I might leave that for another time. There are more drinks to drink. 

Most sense i have seen written today.

Thanks.

Archived