v Forest (H) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

Shambolic, embarrassing, shocking, pathetic, half arsed... all words that could be used to describe that ineffective first 95 minutes. The 96th minute though... pure elation! What a brilliant robbery! Tbh I’d have taken a point as these sort of games are always tough, and it keeps us in the race. It’s just the Waghorn red that could really hurt us. Just hope we play a bit (lot) better next game.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Our worst performance since the turn of the year and we stole a point. That will feel like a win to the players.

I think today showed us that while the play-offs are very much possible for us, we have to be at it.

Injuries and suspensions are biting and obviously adds weight to the thinking that this is too much too soon for us which is fine.

As organised, well drilled and tactically astute Forest were, did we actually show enough? That was the disappointing thing. No hunger, no urgency, no intensity, a complete shadow of ourselves.

We played it like it was a pre-season friendly, ambling around. It was so frustrating to watch. Leeds or Brentford would have ripped us to shreds today.

Forest deserved to win comfortably. They didn’t. We had a lucky escape. Cocu needs to give the boys a shake or the next four games could be a rude awakening.

It was poor from us today, but then the way forest play is the exact kryptonite for how we play. Leeds or Brentford would've had us today on that showing but they'd have let us more space in the attack as well.

59 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The only option we really have. Rooney could be moved up there but we need his influence in midfield

Shinnie needs to come in and Rooney up top. I think it was Shinnie-Bird against Blackburn as well? Played very well together.

The frustration of today was that no one really showed a commitment or desire to make something happen. It was just too comfortable to let someone else take responsibility. This coupled with the fact there is zero threat in behind them - Holmes or Knight are not run behind players so it only leaves Sibley, this is just going to be a challenge in our tactics. Then against a team whose tactics are defend first. Even Bird didn’t make driving runs like he has started to develop.

Forsyth and Bogle really poor. Holmes and Knight really poor. Sibley tried but crowded out. Rooney had zero options.

So like Leeds away, take it and move on.

Got a few days to work on the improvements. West Brom won’t sit back so there will be more space.

1 hour ago, DerbyRam! said:

May as well try, why not Lawrence not here!!??

Come on Chrissy Martin!!!!

You are poo!!

Prove me wrong!!!

Took a bit longer than the usual 5 minutes with Lawrence guys

But I really have a thing here, 3rd time the post. 3rd time they score in the game!! ? 

Proved me wrong too, 1x Chrissy, 2x Lawrence (5 minutes both times) ? ?

8 minutes ago, ramit said:

If they want to do their body harm while games are coming thick and fast and we're chasing a playoff place at the end of the season, sure go for it

I think you've missed the point. Do you remember what happened after the last min Leeds equaliser?

We've dodged a bullet there although we've come out of it with a bit of collateral damage. It was a flat performance for various reasons. I don't think we should dwell on it and over analyse it. We can't afford to with how fast the games are coming. Dust ourselves down and onto the next one is the best thing we can do.

5 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Our worst performance since the turn of the year and we stole a point. That will feel like a win to the players.

I think today showed us that while the play-offs are very much possible for us, we have to be at it.

Injuries and suspensions are biting and obviously adds weight to the thinking that this is too much too soon for us which is fine.

As organised, well drilled and tactically astute Forest were, did we actually show enough? That was the disappointing thing. No hunger, no urgency, no intensity, a complete shadow of ourselves.

We played it like it was a pre-season friendly, ambling around. It was so frustrating to watch. Leeds or Brentford would have ripped us to shreds today.

Forest deserved to win comfortably. They didn’t. We had a lucky escape. Cocu needs to give the boys a shake or the next four games could be a rude awakening.

I think sometime Cocu over-emphasises patience to the detriment of urgency. We were plodding today. Hate to say it but they were spot-on in their set up but I would roast Worrall if he was my player for a brain-dead piece of stupidity when there was absolutely no danger. 

Waggy Waggy Waggy.... extremely disappointing. We were much better when he and JoFlo came in and it wasn't latter who made the difference.

If Martin is missing as well, our team and especially the bench will be a kindergarten.

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

I think you've missed the point. Do you remember what happened after the last min Leeds equaliser?

Uhh no, but i maintain a position of no alcohol consumption whatsoever for professional ambitious players, a good hearty supper and early to bed

16 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Funniest last minute Martin equaliser since Leeds. Think the boys deserve a massive night out now since pubs are open again.

Only if they drive home afterwards - to avoid the risk of spreading viruses by sharing a taxi.

Archived