v Forest (H) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

2 hours ago, Shaftesbury Street said:

I think those are the type of sides that go up in the playoffs. 

Possibly but once they go a goal or two behind they'll struggle. They'll be able to grind out a one off result but they could come unstuck trying to play that football over two legs.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RamNut said:

The thing that bothers me is that we don’t go out there with the right mindset. We pussyfoot about with safe passing and they grow in confidence. There is no fire, no desire. I’m not sure that we can motivate players to come out of the blocks. It’s all too tame.it might not be the message that people want to hear but we are too soft.

I think the 5 freekicks they got in the first 10 mins didn't help us settle. 

3 hours ago, Shaftesbury Street said:

Thought they deserved to win, had the better chances - but some of the comments I've read from them about 'playing us off the park' was laughable - not sure how you can 'play someone off the park' with 31% possession ?

They looked Sheffield United esque - Hard working, organised and difficult to break down. I think those are the type of sides that go up in the playoffs. 

It reminded me of us under Rowett. They will probably end up the same way as us in the play offs under Rowett as well. 

6 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Yes ... but I agree with the original post ... there isn’t a coach/player in the land That doesn’t know lolley has one ability ... cut inside and hit it on his left foot 

it was poor from fozzy, it was poor from bird and it was poor from hamer 

frustratingly I’m sure in the first game and other before it fozzy has always done pretty well at shepherding him onto his weaker foot  

It's all Robben used to do. Try to stop him doing it though. Yes I know Robben was world class but so were some of the defenders he was up against. Knowing what somebody is going to do and having the ability to stop them doing it are 2 completely different things.

14 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

It's all Robben used to do. Try to stop him doing it though. Yes I know Robben was world class but so were some of the defenders he was up against. Knowing what somebody is going to do and having the ability to stop them doing it are 2 completely different things.

Oh I get that ... doesn’t make it not disappointing though 

18 hours ago, RamNut said:

The thing that bothers me is that we don’t go out there with the right mindset. We pussyfoot about with safe passing and they grow in confidence. There is no fire, no desire. I’m not sure that we can motivate players to come out of the blocks. It’s all too tame.it might not be the message that people want to hear but we are too soft.

Interesting that Cocu referenced our slow start in his interview.

He seemed surprised and disappointed by it.

Bird and Rooney are strolling footballers by their very nature. We perhaps need a Shinnie doing the terrier stuff to create a bit of fire and aggression - not by fouls but by imposing his authority on the midfield and putting the opposition under pressure.

Holmes is a player I have a lot of time for but he has been poor since the restart and Knight is a good young player who is making his way in a slightly unfamiliar role.Once their form improves, we will be back as a force.

We miss Lawrence’s ability to do three good things a game which create goal scoring opportunities.

19 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

vs. Forest? Yes. Didn't come out fast enough.

In other games? Not a chance. Since the restart we've controlled a lot of first halves from the beginning. Also, we've had two players given straight red cards. Too soft?

The only thing a subset of the fans will remember is how badly we played against Forest, not how well we've played during the rest of the restart.

Holmes disappointed me I have to say, we had a good break on them a couple of times at the start of the games and Holmes completely over hit the crosses under no pressure when we could have got on the end of them or at least picked up the second ball.

I kind of felt we seemed scared to try and play through them, yes they were organised but there were gaps we just didn't seem to have the confidence to exploit. Frustrating game against a French Billy Davies setup.

6 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Holmes disappointed me I have to say, we had a good break on them a couple of times at the start of the games and Holmes completely over hit the crosses under no pressure when we could have got on the end of them or at least picked up the second ball.

I kind of felt we seemed scared to try and play through them, yes they were organised but there were gaps we just didn't seem to have the confidence to exploit. Frustrating game against a French Billy Davies setup.

Unfortunately Holmes hasn't played well since we returned from the enforced break.

He plays far better centrally than he does on the wing, but there's no slot for him there at the moment. The same goes for Knight who has always played centrally for the U23s whenever I've seen him. We're not seeing the best of either player at present.

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Unfortunately Holmes hasn't played well since we returned from the enforced break.

He plays far better centrally than he does on the wing, but there's no slot for him there at the moment. The same goes for Knight who has always played centrally for the U23s whenever I've seen him. We're not seeing the best of either player at present.

Exactly this. We're expecting good centre-mids to be good wingers. Also a reason why our wing play is a bit crap at the minute.

They are doing good work defensively however. Especially Knight.

A few stats from this game (both sides)...

Most Touches

1. 113 - Evans
  2. 107 - Clarke
  3. 92 - Bird
  4. 92 - Rooney
  5. 74 - Bogle

Most Accurate Passes

1. 96 - Evans
  2. 89 - Clarke
  3. 75 - Bird
  4. 69 - Rooney
  5. 39 - Bogle

Most Accurate Crosses

1. 3 - Bogle
  2. 1 - Forsyth, Sibley, Waghorn, Jozefzoon, Whittaker, Yates, Silva

Most Tackles

1. 5 - Lowe (only on the field for 10+7 mins!!!)
  2. 4 - Bogle
  3. 3 - Sow, Watson, da Costa
  4. 2 - Bird, Rooney, Holmes
  5. 1 - Several

Most Interceptions

1. 3 - Watson
  2. 2 - Clarke, Evans, Forsyth, Lolley, Silva
  3. 1 - Several

Most Shots

1. 4 - Martin
  2. 3 - Sibley, Grabban
  3. 2 - Cash, Lolley
  4. 1 - Several

Key Passes

1. 2 - Bogle
  2. 1 - Several

Dribbles

1. 3 - Sibley
  2. 2 - Rooney, da Costa
  3. 1 - Bogle, Bird, Ribeiro, Ameobi, Diakhaby

Aerials Battles Won

1. 5 - Martin
  2. 4 - Clarke
  3. 3 - Ameobi, da Costa
  4. 2 - Sibley, Yates, Sow
  5. 1 - Several

6 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

Is it ok now? ?

Not at all, Josefzoon is clearly going to score 8 goals (whatever Dowell does, Flo can do better) to make up our goal difference while every team around us loses and we storm into 6th place. Waghorn should be ashamed! 

On 15/07/2020 at 07:25, goldstar said:

Not at all, Josefzoon is clearly going to score 8 goals (whatever Dowell does, Flo can do better) to make up our goal difference while every team around us loses and we storm into 6th place. Waghorn should be ashamed!

How about now?

Archived