v Forest (H) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

13 minutes ago, Squid said:

What a load of dog poo, sorry I understand everyone has the right to their own opinion but that just seems like the biggest load of baalocks I have ever seen.

I agree with him about bogle but i dont blame bogle I think he's being told to sit deeper instead of pushing on which doesn't suit bogle as he can't defend! 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my match report.... 

13 mins:  C31w.gif

Drinks:  tenor.gif

45 mins:  giphy.gif

80 mins:  tenor.gif

Immediately After Waggy Red:  source.gif

After seeing the replay:  VigorousJointChinchilla-small.gif

Realisation dawns:  idontwanttogo-icantwatchdoctorwho_7dd080

96 mins:  giphy.gif

Final whistle:  200.gif

To be fair we were out thought and outplayed by a very solid Forest side and we were lucky to get anything. They played the way we knew they would but we didn’t adapt which is a worry. Mind you we probably won’t play as poorly as that again this season (hopefully) so it’s onwards and upwards. 
Regardless I’m just happy that we’ve ended the Red Dogs dreams of an automatic promotion place and we’re still in with a shout. COYR!

33 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Mentioned added time for PNE game where did they come from??  Well today when the board went up I thought 6 (again) where did they come from..... but I’ll be forever grateful ?

Come on Bristol City 4-0 and we go 6th ?

I called it.  (Only Muckerette as a witness, mind!).  At least a couple of lengthy treatments, oodles of subs, assume 30 seconds for aperitifs, and all their poo-housing at throw-ins during the last 10 mins.

No favours given, imo.  6mins was bang on right, for me.  ?

Some times when up against just need hang in there and when chance comes along you need to take it and thats what martin did today. You could see chris martin eyes he really mad with waghorn. You could see martin saying to rest of the team saying come lets keep going fight to bitter end and wayn said he is right.

1 hour ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I can only assume Bogle was still carrying a knock and wasn't fully fit.

Hope so. I've started to worry his mentality and is he up to these high pressure games. He always seem to play poorly against notts forest.

3 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

That's got to SMART in Snottingham tonight .......got home from work for the the last 15 mins or so , really could not have timed it better . Muppets ...the architects of their own downfall .

Just had a look on their forum ….'blah blah, not bothered, we played better football, Derby are crap, I'm over it already, Derby will be more concerned about that result than us....etc etc..' There's lots of posts talking about how they're not bothered now. After we scored they were going mental. Bless...

2 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I can only assume Bogle was still carrying a knock and wasn't fully fit.

Not to mention the fact that he's 19 years old and will from time-to-time do some things well and some things not so well.

Nothing to add to whats been said about our play today, yes, we were a little lucky...

But, whats absofukinlutely given me a smile for hours, and probably days, is the thought of the look on those smug little florist faces who were so happy when Waghorn was sent off... and thought 'yeah, job totally done, bring on the beers'....

Only to see their dreams slip away in the 97 fookin minute, so cruel.... ??

That was escape from Alcatraz. We played for 90 odd minutes like the team was the result of cross-breeding Jacob Butterfield and Ray Wilkins! Sideways and backwards ad nausea, and even though we knew what we were going to do every time, we needed two touches and 5 seconds thinking time very time we got the ball. Someone said very early on in this thread that it looked like we were worried about them when they should have been worried about us. Absolutely spot on.

The sad thing is we knew they were going to sit back and hit us on the break. They got their tactics spot on, and we were clueless as to what to do. I don't know how many times we got the ball in deep midfield, saw a mass of red shirts so we stopped and played it backwards, when there was a cross-field ball to an unmarked man on the wing in loads of space. But no, lets take another 7 passes to get the ball to him so that he is marked up and has no room to so anything.

It took us 30 minutes to realise that if we played the ball a bit quicker we have a chance to do something. Darren England played the role of Darren England excellently - like Sky commentators and pundits he favours anybody that isn't wearing a Derby County shirt, giving Forest free-kicks for nothing, and giving Derby nothing instead of free-kicks. That Forest had the ref in their pocket was confirmed when Sow and the Watson cleaned Sibley up one after the other, followed by a third foul off the ball, but the idiot just waved play on. They should both have been carded, especially Watson because he came in after the ball had gone and dumped Louie onto the floor. Sadly, Ben Watson was simply being Ben Watson. He should be carded virtually every match because he is such a dirty player, but he rarely does get carded. They go to the player he has tried to maim all match. 

I have no problem with the card given to Sibley, but it was a red-mist moment because he spent the entire match with 2 or 3 players kicking lumps out of him with no protection from the ref. We didn't need him to go off in terms of play, but after several matches with exemplary self-control, the Dogs got to him, and he was subbed to prevent a second yellow - very wise.

And so HMS Disaster sailed on to the next iceberg with Waghorn's absolutely stupid foot-up challenge. He may well have not intended harm, but in football, players are expected to let the opposition know they are there, and I am sure that is what Waggy was doing. But you only have to be a bit out of position and the shape you create quickly resembles a pear. Yet there was no need for the challenge as Whitaker was waiting to move in on the ball.

Thankfully there was no need for Lolley to body check Whitaker either, and we ended up with grand larceny! Forest could have had 5 today, but went away as though they had been beaten. My daughter's pet dog jumped about a foot in the air at all the yelling when we equalised!!!

And now I should be feeling really heavy and depressed after such a duff performance, but am actually over the moon! Part of me actually wants Forest to go up, because if they try and take the Premiership on with those tactics they could end up on 10 points or less. Bring it on!

I think today showed a lot of bottle, grit and determination especially with no 12th man crowd to lift them once going one down. So we’ll done boys a fantastic point which to be honest on the balance of play was deserved but on chances (especially Grabbon ?) wasn’t. 
I still think though Cardiff will pip us to 6th looking at their fixtures, but what do I know?

Archived