Live football thread.

Rev

10 hours ago, David said:

Well. This will be interesting to see play out.

From what I've read, the Villa and Spurs players were meant to head to Croatia after the Brazil game, and do their 10 day quarantine in a mini training camp there.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Rambam said:

someone explain why keepers who do this are not penalised for hand ball. 

Who do what? Ball has already been released inside the area, you are allowed to kick it outside as long as the ball has left you hand inside the area.

• 2 weeks later...

Barcelona post Lionel Messi aren't very good are they?

Only won three games in La Liga so far while being wacked 3-0 in both of their CL games.

They were a one-man team for the past three of four years. Their current side is now probably on par with the likes of Aston Villa and Everton. 

38 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Barcelona post Lionel Messi aren't very good are they?

Only won three games in La Liga so far while being wacked 3-0 in both of their CL games.

They were a one-man team for the past three of four years. Their current side is now probably on par with the likes of Aston Villa and Everton. 

You hate to see it. ? 

49 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

You hate to see it. ? 

I used to watch so many Barca games a few years back. Call me a glory supporter, but I think my fondness was actually for key players rather than the club itself as I have little interest in them now.

Aside from Messi, Xavi and Iniesta being the big three, the likes of Puyol, Abidal, Dani Alves, Pedro, Rakitic, Mascherano, David Villa, Suarez, Neymar, Pique, Jordi Alba and Busquets really complimented the team well.

Only the latter three remain and they're a good three years past their best. It's probably a shame they haven't moved on too.

Not that they will tarnish their reputation as such, but I don't know how they can enjoy their football right now after what they achieved previously while the club can't move on with past it players on really high wages still.

Edited by Bris Vegas