Live football thread.

Rev

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

If your GK can’t stop a single penalty out of 11, (given the XG of a penalty is 0.7) then you don’t deserve to win anything.

Harsh, the penalties were of a fantastic standard. On the other hand De Gea hasn't saved a penalty for Man Utd since 2016. So he has form. His biggest error was trying to place his own kick...rather than just hitting it as hard as he could. Absolutely delighted Villarreal won! ?

4 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

Can't understand why Solskjaer didn't substitute DeGea and put Henderson on for the penalties he might have done better. Congratulations to Villarreal on there win. Won't shed no tears over a Man United loss. 

Yep, apparently Henderson has saved 6 to DeGea's 1. Plus he's a better keeper!

2 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

RoyMac5 I don't know about you but I don't rate Solskjaer as a manager. A team like Man United should be looking a lot higher. 

I'm not really sure, how much are his hands tied regarding player signing. I mean would you keep DeGea and Pogba? When you see the others in the squad I think he's done well in the league. The final last night they played nothing like a team that a Utd fan would expect to see.