Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is of course in the Matt Clarke thread but I thought I'd put it in here for anyone to discuss the revelation that we have indeed been operating under a soft embargo.

I was wrong! ? 

The arrival of Marshall and probably Clarke on loan are really good pieces of business. But, we are only slightly ahead of where we were last season as it stands. Clarke was here, so that stays the same. Te Wierik we hope is good but an unknown quantity. Marshall a big upgrade between the sticks.

We still need to improve the quality going forward. We were inconsistent last season, some games scoring 3 goals, others looking like we would play all night without creating a decent opportunity. Soft embargo lifted, hopefully allows us to see some movement in coming weeks!

1 minute ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Joseph Anang apparently training with Derby. Under 23 GK from West Ham. Out of contract next summer. 

Very highly regarded at West Ham. Could be the future keeper in 2 years once Marshall has done.

Ah I wondered who that was in the training videos

18 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Joseph Anang apparently training with Derby. Under 23 GK from West Ham. Out of contract next summer. 

Very highly regarded at West Ham. Could be the future keeper in 2 years once Marshall has done.

Interesting. When I was doing some research on Ravas and his lack of clean sheets in the PL2. I did actually notice that West Ham recorded a high number of clean sheets last season, wth Anang as the first choice. I nearly proposed him as a potential option for the first team. For those interested, he played 17 games, conceded 18 goals and had 8 clean sheets. Ravas played 10 games, conceded 22 goals and had 0 clean sheets. Small world. 

EDIT: I've just seen that he was with the West Ham first team today. He came on for the last 20 minutes. Shame. 

1 hour ago, r4derby said:

The arrival of Marshall and probably Clarke on loan are really good pieces of business. But, we are only slightly ahead of where we were last season as it stands. Clarke was here, so that stays the same. Te Wierik we hope is good but an unknown quantity. Marshall a big upgrade between the sticks.

We still need to improve the quality going forward. We were inconsistent last season, some games scoring 3 goals, others looking like we would play all night without creating a decent opportunity. Soft embargo lifted, hopefully allows us to see some movement in coming weeks!

I'm personally on the sign 3 wide players bandwagon. I noticed someone mention that the wide players under McClaren often rotated and were consistently performing at a high level throughout. We have Lawrence at the moment, Waghorn if you push him out wide. Jozefzoon and Bennett aren't going to be trusted to get game time. It's not to say that things can't change, but I'd prefer Waghorn to play upfront. Lawrence to have 3 others to rotate with - preferably with speed. 

What's Jordon Ibe up to? 

Archived