Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I'm personally on the sign 3 wide players bandwagon. I noticed someone mention that the wide players under McClaren often rotated and were consistently performing at a high level throughout. We have Lawrence at the moment, Waghorn if you push him out wide. Jozefzoon and Bennett aren't going to be trusted to get game time. It's not to say that things can't change, but I'd prefer Waghorn to play upfront. Lawrence to have 3 others to rotate with - preferably with speed. 

What's Jordon Ibe up to? 

If we concentrate on the short term and just look ahead to this season I agree. However if we have 4 wide players I think it would hinder the development of Knight and Whittaker as I can't see where else they fit. Knight is IMO better in the centre and could play there but we're pretty stacked and he won't play one of the holding roles as it doesn't suit his style. Signing that many players would also potentially block the pathway for those behind eg Wilson and Archie Brown.  

1 wide player and a striker for me, we won't have the strength in depth but it would still allow opportunity for the youth to play and improve.

Is there some sort of link with a West Ham academy.
That’s the third player now to come on trial. The others being Nathan Holland, and trialist. 

16 minutes ago, RamNut said:

That’s the third player now to come on trial. The others being Nathan Holland, and trialist. 

West Ham seem to spend heavily on unknowns/overpriced players leaving younger players to have to move to have a chance of ever playing, poor by them but currently useful to us if we can unearth a diamond of theirs 

Right then where are we - oh yes we have signed a goalkeeper ( better ) to replace one we had on loan and we are signing a centre half on loan who we had to replace the said centre half who was on loan. We need to replace the centre forward who left or re sign the same centre forward ( Chris Martin) not to mention signing the much vaunted wide midfielder everyone craves.

when does the season start? 

1 hour ago, Ram Bam said:

If we concentrate on the short term and just look ahead to this season I agree. However if we have 4 wide players I think it would hinder the development of Knight and Whittaker as I can't see where else they fit. Knight is IMO better in the centre and could play there but we're pretty stacked and he won't play one of the holding roles as it doesn't suit his style. Signing that many players would also potentially block the pathway for those behind eg Wilson and Archie Brown.  

1 wide player and a striker for me, we won't have the strength in depth but it would still allow opportunity for the youth to play and improve.

It's a 'winger' or a forward for me. We spent a significant amount on our two senior CFs (Waghorn and Marriott) and signing 2 players will most likely mean we get very little in return from at least one of our more expensive signings - not ideal with P&S constraints. Signing a winger and using Waghorn at CF will improve the team more than signing a CF and using Waghorn at RW.

Knight covers CM, AM, LW and RW. We'll most likely see him rotate/battle with Sibley for that AM position. As good as Sibley is, he's going to be a target for rough treatment next season and will need to be rested. Knight will be looking at 20 mins off the bench in place of Sibley in about 20 games, starting about 15 at AM himself. Bird, Rooney, Shinnie, Holmes, and Bielik (2nd half of season) will prevent Knight getting much (if any) game time at CM.  To be honest, I don't think we'll see him in a deeper role until next season when we see a number of CM options leave.

Lawrence and *new winger* will undoubtedly be our preferred options out wide. There will be limited game time for backups at LW as Lawrence has shown he's a 90 minute 40 game sort of player. There's about 10 games up for grabs for Whittaker, Knight, Bennett or another U23. There will be more game time available at RW whilst the new guy settles in. Waghorn and the others mentioned above will be looking at about 20 starts with a few sub apps between them.

46 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Would love to see Curtis here at Derby, I do wonder if we are still interested in Canos at Brentford though?

If we signed Canos ?

Although I'd be slightly disappointed Derby didnt read my posts calling for us to sign him for 2 million from under the noses of Brentford, but hey, cant have everything (or everyone).

13 hours ago, RamNut said:

When was Holland here ? My WH mate says he is a real prospect available for a Mill. Scored a cracker for Oxford on loan last season in a cup game on TV 

22 hours ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Joseph Anang apparently training with Derby. Under 23 GK from West Ham. Out of contract next summer. 

Very highly regarded at West Ham. Could be the future keeper in 2 years once Marshall has done.

Was with West Ham yesterday playing for their first team, however a photo from today’s friendly against Brentford came up on my Twitter feed & the goalkeeper is there still, someone has done their research & his name is apparently Manny Agboola ex Oxford keeper signed for the academy. May not be 100% but I’m sure we’ll find out one way or another 

1 hour ago, Kyle guest said:

Was with West Ham yesterday playing for their first team, however a photo from today’s friendly against Brentford came up on my Twitter feed & the goalkeeper is there still, someone has done their research & his name is apparently Manny Agboola ex Oxford keeper signed for the academy. May not be 100% but I’m sure we’ll find out one way or another 

Plays for Barking FC and played for them yesterday 

Archived