Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

10 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Since being sold by Leeds, 3 games back at Leeds and then 6 games for QPR last season.  Miles away from the Spurs first team apparently despite being a 10mil signing.

Extended at QPR for the run in.  Didn't play.  Can't work it out.

If we're going to go all out on one player like last season (Bielik) I might be better persuaded by Ejaria.  But it's only a might.

Ejaria is a player!

Was very impressed by him whenever I saw him play for Reading.

Young and would thrive alongside our young players.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Ejaria is a player!

Was very impressed by him whenever I saw him play for Reading.

Young and would thrive alongside our young players.

Is he still a Liverpool player? - I think Reading agreed a fee with Liverpool prior to covid but they are now going back on that and want to pay less 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Is he still a Liverpool player? - I think Reading agreed a fee with Liverpool prior to covid but they are now going back on that and want to pay less 

Loan to buy I think but depends whether they can afford the asking price.

If not, he may go out on loan again.

Ejara for me too.

ST holder at Reading with my son, tricky feet when he's in the mood.

From what I've heard/seen on the Reading chats, the agreement that Reading had with Liverpool (3.5 million) has expired and now needs to be renegotiated, not sure how that would work with first refusals etc.

There have been apparent sightings of Ejara training with Reading, so the Royals fans are hopeful.

If you have someone doing the defensive work for him (think Bird, Shinnie or Bielik) then you let him roam around, he'll create something.

Think Paolo Wanchope but looks a bit more under control!!

13 minutes ago, Topram said:

Norwich have signed Skipp from spurs on loan very highly rated, teams doing decent business so far and we can’t/haven’t done anything 

this is my worry. we are unableand missing targets 

18 minutes ago, Topram said:

Norwich have signed Skipp from spurs on loan very highly rated, teams doing decent business so far and we can’t/haven’t done anything 

Older than Bird, Sibley and Knight. And not as good. I know who I’d rather have in the team. 

Heavy in midfield so not one for me.

Are we going to have the usual summer of every player who signs for someone else we have missed out on and every player we have been linked with is either rubbish or we have no chance of signing?

Feels like it.

We used to laugh at fans of other clubs doing things like this. Only have to look on twitter at some of the utter garbage our fans tweet at the club. "This isnt a signing", "announce wilson" to everything the club puts out.

We are currently in the process of waiting for a possible points deduction at the end of multiple years of excess, poorly planned, poorly structured spending and our support us still throwing toys over other clubs signing players. This is why we cant have nice things.

22 minutes ago, Topram said:

Neither have half the league, there’s only 8 clubs that have made 2+ signings, the total Championship spend so far is just under £7m (source: transfermarkt).

0 - Barnsley, Blackburn, Bournemouth, Brentford, Bristol City, Huddersfield, Preston

1 - Birmingham, Cardiff, Derby, Luton, Middlesbrough, QPR, Reading, Watford, Wycombe

2 - Millwall, Sheff Wednesday, Swansea

3 - Forest, Rotherham, Stoke 

5 - Coventry

7 - Norwich

2 minutes ago, KBB said:

Heavy in midfield so not one for me.

Are we going to have the usual summer of every player who signs for someone else we have missed out on and every player we have been linked with is either rubbish or we have no chance of signing?

Feels like it.

We used to laugh at fans of other clubs doing things like this. Only have to look on twitter at some of the utter garbage our fans tweet at the club. "This isnt a signing", "announce wilson" to everything the club puts out.

We are currently in the process of waiting for a possible points deduction at the end of multiple years of excess, poorly planned, poorly structured spending and our support us still throwing toys over other clubs signing players. This is why we cant have nice things.

this is exactly why Leroy Rosenior has been watching over a thousand players......

........and equally why our scouting team will unearth a couple of loans from championship also-rans, plus an ageing striker after a last payday.....?

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

this is exactly why Leroy Rosenior has been watching over a thousand players......

........and equally why our scouting team will unearth a couple of loans from championship also-rans, plus an ageing striker after a last payday.....?

We could always simple go back to buying in form players for massively over inflated prices or simply going after teams player of the year, once again at massively over inflated prices....

Whatever we we look at it I am happy for us to keep our powder, no matter how small, dry.

It's not sack cloth and ashes just yet.

Waits for club to sign a journeyman on a 3 year 30k a week deal. Egg and face in alignment.

10 minutes ago, KBB said:

We could always simple go back to buying in form players for massively over inflated prices or simply going after teams player of the year, once again at massively over inflated prices....

Whatever we we look at it I am happy for us to keep our powder, no matter how small, dry.

It's not sack cloth and ashes just yet.

Waits for club to sign a journeyman on a 3 year 30k a week deal. Egg and face in alignment.

Preferably cast off from a really dull team like Stoke or Middlesbrough.. ..

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Usually Tottenham make sure every loan has to play every week - remember Tom Carrol and how poor he was for us 

45 minutes ago, David said:

Neither have half the league, there’s only 8 clubs that have made 2+ signings, the total Championship spend so far is just under £7m (source: transfermarkt).

0 - Barnsley, Blackburn, Bournemouth, Brentford, Bristol City, Huddersfield, Preston

1 - Birmingham, Cardiff, Derby, Luton, Middlesbrough, QPR, Reading, Watford, Wycombe

2 - Millwall, Sheff Wednesday, Swansea

3 - Forest, Rotherham, Stoke 

5 - Coventry

7 - Norwich

Norwich, 7 ?

Archived