Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

On 19/06/2020 at 23:23, reverendo de duivel said:

Watched it after seeing the musical. 

Under duress obviously! 

Solid in both formats, film is slightly different to the stage production though.

I can’t remember who played Frankie in the London stage show I saw a few years back but his voice was amazing .. I almost darent say it but it was better than the man himself in some songs .. great show

14 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

Infinity Chamber (Prime Video)

Low budget indie sci fi film where a man wakes up in a high tech prison with only a computer voice to keep him company, and keep him alive.

Really interesting & thought provoking film. If you liked Moon or Inception, I'd recommend this highly.

A very unexpected 9/10

Thanks for the recommendation 

On 26/05/2020 at 13:57, Bob The Badger said:

The Gentleman  - Colin Todd out of 10

I thought it was just brilliant. Great acting and a fantastic script. 

Classic Guy Ritchie.

Hew Grant was absolutely outstanding as was Colin Farrell and Matthew Mcconaughey.

If you liked Lock, Stock and Snatch then you'll love this.

I watched this after your recommendation. Absolutely loved it. Better than Lock Stock for me. Very slick, stylish film, Guy Ritchie’s best. Probably the best film I’ve seen this year!

1 hour ago, enachops said:

I watched this after your recommendation. Absolutely loved it. Better than Lock Stock for me. Very slick, stylish film, Guy Ritchie’s best. Probably the best film I’ve seen this year!

I dunno about being better than Lock, Stock, but certainly better than Snatch for me.

I had no idea Grant was even in at and I turned the to the missus about 30 minutes in and said 'Who is that, I'm sure I know him'

She responded 'It's Hew Grant you thick twit with an A'

On 14/06/2020 at 12:34, reverendo de duivel said:

Control.

A biopic of Ian Curtis, shot entirely in B&W.

I found it incredibly moving, the best film I've watched in a long while. 

I'd like to watch that, is it on Netflix?

I guess I could stop being lazy and just go and look!

I went to see The Buzzcocks in Sheffield im 1979 and Joy Division were supporting them.

In all honesty I'd not heard of them, but Curtis was incredible and in those days I rarely stood and watched a support band - but I did Joy Division. 

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

I went to see The Buzzcocks in Sheffield im 1979 and Joy Division were supporting them.

In all honesty I'd not heard of them, but Curtis was incredible and in those days I rarely stood and watched a support band - but I did Joy Division. 

a friend of mine saw Joy Division in Derby in there second to last gig and got Ian Curtis to put his moniker on his ticket stub . Probably about the last one he signed, as he was gone a few week later.  He also saw New Order at the Blue Note but was far less impressed.

Certainly worth a watch and it's pretty accurate as it was developed for screen by there photographer Anton Corbjin. Best person in it is Tony Kebbell as there promoter.  He was in that film they made in Matlock dead mans shoes. 

9 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Prime I think.

The Lighthouse. 

You know when you have a good friend who enjoys Corrie and thinks the Fast and Furious are great films ...so you insist they watch Interstellar or Parasite and then they say they turned off after 15mins as they couldn't be bothered with the subtitles or that it was too slow. You think they are philistines and they think you are pretentious - ha, 'if they even know the words' you smugly say to yourself, safe in the knowledge your level of quality cinema is the exact place where depth and just pure entertainment intersect. 

Anything slower, deeper and yet critically acclaimed is just artsy, boring, showing off. People can't really enjoy it, they are just....errrr pretentious. And yet in the back of your mind you are thinking...am I shallow, not 'clever' enough... 

The Lighthouse...is critically acclaimed and I know people will love it. Great actors, moody lighting, jarring images, conversations that are hard to unpick and suggest deeper motives.... 

But I found it slow, slightly dull, unrealistic with characters that seemed unappealing and unlikely. It's beyond where my level of artsy enjoyment stretches. Be interested what other people think. 

4/10

On 21/06/2020 at 21:53, Van Wolfie said:

Infinity Chamber (Prime Video)

Low budget indie sci fi film where a man wakes up in a high tech prison with only a computer voice to keep him company, and keep him alive.

Really interesting & thought provoking film. If you liked Moon or Inception, I'd recommend this highly.

A very unexpected 9/10

All i can think is you must’ve been starved of entertainment to rate this so highly. There were gaping plot holes and it skipped along without explaining what it perhaps should’ve explained. It was worth a watch and I’ve seen much worse, but I’ll forget it pretty quickly. 

Jay McEveley/10

ps. The lead actor reminded me of Ralf Little far too much!!

17 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

All i can think is you must’ve been starved of entertainment to rate this so highly. There were gaping plot holes and it skipped along without explaining what it perhaps should’ve explained. It was worth a watch and I’ve seen much worse, but I’ll forget it pretty quickly. 

Jay McEveley/10

ps. The lead actor reminded me of Ralf Little far too much!!

I suspect it's an expectations thing.

I watched it with none, or very low, and was pleasantly surprised. It looks like I built yours up a bit too much!

Plot holes don't bother me a great deal - unless it's like a £200m production (Disney - Star Wars / Marvel) - Nothing in this film stopped me just going with it.

For some reason I'd not seen Quantum of Solace until yesterday. Strange but it is a lot shorter than most Bond films. Would have been better if they could have extended it. Daniel Craig really has made this role his own and will be missed after the next one which is his last. 7.5/10

Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga

The worst film I've ever had the misfortune of spending 2hrs and 3 minutes of my life watching. Only made it through as the remote was just out of reach and was too hot to move.

Laughably bad acting throughout, terrible dialogue and sound mixing, terrible lighting, stupid 'plot', poorly directed camera work... just crap in every single way.

On a scale of Gianfranco Labarthe Tome to Benny Feilhaber this was a Bob Malcolm.

35 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga

The worst film I've ever had the misfortune of spending 2hrs and 3 minutes of my life watching. Only made it through as the remote was just out of reach and was too hot to move.

Laughably bad acting throughout, terrible dialogue and sound mixing, terrible lighting, stupid 'plot', poorly directed camera work... just crap in every single way.

On a scale of Gianfranco Labarthe Tome to Benny Feilhaber this was a Bob Malcolm.

I liked it.