Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

Sith Happens
17 minutes ago, TimRam said:

For me A New Hope was ruined by the added cgi. I actually have a dvd of the original version. Much better. Return of the Jedi has not aged well at all though.

The added scenes were fun at the time, but absolutely don't add anything and look out of place in Star Wars (cant call it a new hope). Think those in Empire dont look out of place but it was a lovely looking movie anyway. ROTJ i love but yeah having a load of teddy bears involved was never going to allow it go age well, the final duel between Luke and Vader is still superb though IMO. Quite why Hayden Christensen had to be inserted at the end who knows.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

The added scenes were fun at the time, but absolutely don't add anything and look out of place in Star Wars (cant call it a new hope). Think those in Empire dont look out of place but it was a lovely looking movie anyway. ROTJ i love but yeah having a load of teddy bears involved was never going to allow it go age well, the final duel between Luke and Vader is still superb though IMO. Quite why Hayden Christensen had to be inserted at the end who knows.

Lucas did spoilt them by adding in the cgi...strange descision. Also  I always thought Yodas voice should have been different rather than talking like Fozzy Bear (Frank Oz)!

Edited by TimRam

11 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

I thought kingsman 1 was amazing a perfect mix of James Bond meets Johnny English.

I’m not generally into slapstick and only watched K1. I wasn’t sufficiently entertained, amused or impressed to bother with K2. 

To be honest though, I’m not a fan of either Johnny English or the later James Bond films.

All a question of personal taste. No one is right nor is anyone wrong.

On Friday I watched Kill Bill 1 (again). Provided you don’t take it remotely serious then IMO, a good film. As is KB2

I was watching Ice Cold in Alex but unfortunately I had to run out to puke just as it was getting interesting. 

On 03/06/2020 at 20:46, AndyinLiverpool said:

My recollection of that film is that it never gets interesting. It's hot, they go for a drive, they get where they are going.

Don’t spoil it for me.

A brilliant documentary I watched the other day was Icarus. All about the Russian doping scandal. Starts off as one thing but ends up being something completely different. 

As someone said on another thread, I couldn't get on with The Last Dance. Icarus blows that out of the water for me. 

Check it out - utterly riveting. 

The Martian - first hour and a half is good then it feels like it drags a bit. Probably like going to Mars to be fair. Matt Oakley.

The Pursuit of Happyness - 7/10 - based on a true story, Will Smith plays a guy who struggles against the odds to land a job as a Stock Broker. Johnny Russell.

Dirty Grandpa - as a film this is probably one of the worst I've ever seen. Complete trash. But it was somehow enjoyable to see. Theo Robinson.

31 minutes ago, Igor_111 said:

A brilliant documentary I watched the other day was Icarus. All about the Russian doping scandal. Starts off as one thing but ends up being something completely different. 

As someone said on another thread, I couldn't get on with The Last Dance. Icarus blows that out of the water for me. 

Check it out - utterly riveting. 

Forgot to give it a score : Geraint Williams / 10

Sith Happens

it feels a long time since I really enjoyed a movie,  I think I convince myself I enjoyed it because of the lack of available options right now.

watched lovebirds, Netflix,  last night..a proper meh film.

Scary stories to tell in the dark (Prime)

Produced by Guillermo del Toro (my favourite Director) and about a group of kids who find a book in a scary house on Halloween, which then starts to write stories itself - and they come true.

Intelligently done with good suspense & chilling in places. Good characters too.

Solid 7/10

10 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

Scary stories to tell in the dark (Prime)

Produced by Guillermo del Toro (my favourite Director) and about a group of kids who find a book in a scary house on Halloween, which then starts to write stories itself - and they come true.

Intelligently done with good suspense & chilling in places. Good characters too.

Solid 7/10

Loved Pan's Labyrinth so will give this a go too.

50 minutes ago, sage said:

You are officially off my non-existent Christmas Card list

Just because he keeps beating you in the quiz (alright, it was officially a draw, but like the Brian Clough trophy and the Ashes the previous winner gets to keep the honours) ?

3 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Just because he keeps beating you in the quiz (alright, it was officially a draw, but like the Brian Clough trophy and the Ashes the previous winner gets to keep the honours) ?

Andy has never beaten me. Not that he can't because he is very good. Just not yet.