Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

6 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

Oh I agree & love the film as it is. Just that she's such a stubborn bugger & is missing out on one of the best films out there.

Start watching only subtitled films, start with City of God (Brazilian) and Old boy (korean orig). 

That’ll learn her

Not seen an old Hammer film for years so watched Scars of Dracula the other night. They must have been cut when I watched them as a kid as I don't recall so much blood and gore! Sir Christopher Lee is his usual excellent self. Apart from a cheap looking bat (try not to laugh), it's decent. 7/10.

5 hours ago, Van Wolfie said:

If anyone ever comes across a verison of Pan's Labyrinth that's dubbed into English, please let me know. As far as I can see, there isn't one available.

I love that film and am 100% certain Mrs Wolfie would too, but she flatly rejects anything subtitled.

I really must watch that again. I watched it years ago when it was first released and can remember very little about it. I know I've seen various comments about it being really good.

7 hours ago, Van Wolfie said:

If anyone ever comes across a verison of Pan's Labyrinth that's dubbed into English, please let me know. As far as I can see, there isn't one available.

I love that film and am 100% certain Mrs Wolfie would too, but she flatly rejects anything subtitled.

It all looks quite weird to me. What's so great about it?

11 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Always find Del Toro stuff leaves me cold, although he is very popular with a couple of mates. Tim Burtons another one.

Tim Burton films do not appeal to me in the slightest either. I suppose I should watch one before casting judgement though.

6 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It all looks quite weird to me. What's so great about it?

From the trailer... Or having watched it?  Been a few years since I watched it, but it really left a mark on me. 

Its beautifully filmed. There is an amazing, gripping historical story in there which is also incredibly unsettling. Alongside it there is this strange adult's fairy tale. 

I can see how some people would just say its weird but it's like some gothic, horror, nightmare...that actually is also just a simple, very dramatic story that is easy to follow. 

16 hours ago, Van Wolfie said:

You'd better hope that she never goes deaf then.

One of my biggest bugbears is that there are tv channels that refuse to enable the selection of subtitles on films and documentaries they broadcast - and that's a policy decision.

On 12/07/2020 at 16:19, Tamworthram said:

Watched "Vacation" on Friday and really enjoyed it. Yes, I know I'm a hypocrite following the comments I've made about a couple of other low brow films and TV shows but I thought it was funny. 7/10.

I really enjoyed it too, when I saw it few months back. I had very low expectations, being a big fan of the Chevy Chase version and having read some awful reviews when it was released but I laughed consistently throughout. Great car!.

Just checked it out on IMDB and a score of 6.1 is pretty solid for a comedy, to be honest.

7/10 from me too.

Ad Astra, this weeks new premiere on Sky.

Simple story, nice visuals, but kept waiting for something to happen until the end when it kinda fizzled out with a predictable message.

An underwhelming 4/10

14 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Ad Astra, this weeks new premiere on Sky.

Simple story, nice visuals, but kept waiting for something to happen until the end when it kinda fizzled out with a predictable message.

An underwhelming 4/10

I agree with this...last 15-20 minutes were disappointing. Before that it was very good.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. 

Objectively this isn't a very good film. The acting is kind of clunky, the direction is all over the place and some scenes simply don't make sense. 

But it's giant dinosaurs running around eating each other and eating people which I love. I will never not love dinosaurs. 

8/10

8 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. 

Objectively this isn't a very good film. The acting is kind of clunky, the direction is all over the place and some scenes simply don't make sense. 

But it's giant dinosaurs running around eating each other and eating people which I love. I will never not love dinosaurs. 

8/10

George approves!

52AAF103-C654-4E40-98EB-2E6F7E10FDD3.jpeg

Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga

i am not a Will Ferrell fan, but am considering changing my mind.  Every Icelander has seen this film, oh yes, each and every one, now that my wife, son and i, the last 3 in line have seen it too. 

It was silly, cheesy, Hollywood formulaic, soppy, emotionally manipulative, got all the Icelandic names wrong and i loved it.  i give it 3 &1/2 stars for entertainment value and 4&1/2 handkerchiefs for sentimental value.

Pierce Brosnan arrived early and in style, having driven a rental car the scenic route from Reykjavík to Húsavík, situated in the far north of the country.  Cheers Pierce.

Edited by ramit
typo