Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

Kajaki.......having a mate that is one of the central characters in the film, and knowing the hell he went through that day, he also worked closely on the film production to get the story right i've got to give it 10/10....... 

Edited by BriggRam

Her indoors recently got a subscription to Disney+ because she wants to watch Hamilton or something.

I took the opportunity to rewatch all the Star Wars films in chronological order, keeping an open mind about the ones I didn't like originally (ie the prequels) and with a spirit of reassessment.

God the prequels are bad. Somebody should remake them with the following changes:

reduce the length of the action sequences. Each one has at least one that goes on about 3 times longer than it should (the chariot race, the car chase, the rescue of the chancellor, for example)

Get rid of these:

Hayden Christiansen

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Vader's 'Nooooo' ruining a potentially iconic scene in the third one.

The wholly ridiculous notion that a Jedi master is so wise that the only way for him to get the part for his spaceship is to place a bet on a small child to win the most fatally dangerous race in the galaxy. And, while we're at it, the whole idea of arriving on that planet and getting a part for their sparkly ship is the equivalent of me travelling back to the Dark Ages and asking if anyone's got a starter motor for a Mercedes S class.

Avoid the temptation to add in extraneous CGI. While we're at it, anyone want to restore the original 3 films to the state we loved (Another Dart Vader 'Nooo' has been added to Return of the Jedi)

Most of all, treat them as films for film audiences. People who haven't watched the cartoons or played any of the games. So, for example, remove any scenes that clearly have a game theme - the conveyor belt scene, for starters; don't expect people to know who General Greivous is etc.

In short get someone who isn't George Lucas to do it.

The Gentleman  - Colin Todd out of 10

I thought it was just brilliant. Great acting and a fantastic script. 

Classic Guy Ritchie.

Hew Grant was absolutely outstanding as was Colin Farrell and Matthew Mcconaughey.

If you liked Lock, Stock and Snatch then you'll love this.

Spenser Confidential - Mick Coop out of 10.

Apparently this is the second highest watched Netflix film week of release.

Just a vehicle for Wahlberg to go back to his beloved Boston and earn a load of money.

Lame script, hardly any humor worth the name and a script more predictable than Roos coming out and punching a ball he could have caught. 

18 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Presumably that was taken after lockdown lifted and she met her fella for the first time in 8 weeks.

Telltale signs. 

Pale complexion from lack of exercise. 

Crap hair.

Neck brace from poor work posture. 

No stranger to a crown-shaped problem. 

2 hours ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

Just watched Solo which according to some comes after episode 3, to introduce Han Solo, chewbacca and the millennium falcon. Only a Star Wars story though so has no official number. Pretty good, fair bit of action and certainly better than the poor acting in episodes 1-3. 

There was, but my problem with it was that there were all these amazing action set pieces and life threatening situations but you knew they were going to be OK. It's hard to inject some jeopardy and resulting tension into any prequel.

Far better acting than 1-3, though, as you say. Not as good a film as as Rogue One, though.

1 minute ago, Van Wolfie said:

There was, but my problem with it was that there were all these amazing action set pieces and life threatening situations but you knew they were going to be OK. It's hard to inject some jeopardy and resulting tension into any prequel.

Far better acting than 1-3, though, as you say. Not as good a film as as Rogue One, though.

That’s next on the list before the originals episodes 4-6.

Rise of the Footsoldier 4. Marbella. 

Easy enough watching. A bit predictable but for someone with a short attention span that isn't a fault for me. Saw the initial one a few years ago but don't really remember it. Haven't seen 2 and 3 but didn't really need to follow this one. Filled with gratuitous violence and laugh out loud moments, I quite enjoyed it. 7/10 

On 23/05/2020 at 21:53, reverendo de duivel said:

Cool hand Luke gets a 7.5?

That's harsh, I named my first born after the title character.

I reckon he could more eggs mind.

Ultimately I found it a bit depressing, and wasn’t sure what the message was.

On 23/05/2020 at 21:53, reverendo de duivel said:

Cool hand Luke gets a 7.5?

That's harsh, I named my first born after the title character.

I reckon he could more eggs mind.

What we have here is a failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach.

On 26/05/2020 at 13:36, AndyinLiverpool said:

Avoid the temptation to add in extraneous CGI. While we're at it, anyone want to restore the original 3 films to the state we loved

For me A New Hope was ruined by the added cgi. I actually have a dvd of the original version. Much better. Return of the Jedi has not aged well at all though.