Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, RamNut said:

I don’t know, I haven’t seen Die Hard ?‍♂️

Ah ok...apparently its based on the same book, and because when die hard was made it was 'technically' as sequel they had to offer the role in die hard to Frank Sinatra...which would have been somewhat interesting.

Well worth checking out is "Oh You Pretty Things Free Film of The Week"
https://www.ohyouprettythings.com/free? ... zmXz91IuIk

Filmmaker Gary Hustwit and independent film company Film First are streaming documentaries free worldwide during the global COVID-19 crisis. Each Tuesday we’ll be posting another film here. Over 500,000 people have watched films here so far! We hope you enjoy them, and please stay strong.

May 5 to 12: I Am Trying To Break Your Heart (2002, 92 minutes)
Sam Jones’ seminal documentary captures the band Wilco and the creation of their record Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. A film which not only looks at a turbulent chapter in the band's history, but also a breakthrough moment in the struggle for artistic freedom in the corporate-dominated music industry. Rolling Stone hailed it as "one of the greatest music documentaries of all time."

Edited by Inverurie Ram

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Once upon a time in Hollywood 5/10

I'm sure it's very clever. I'm sure it's a great homage to Hollywood in the late 60s. Pitt and De Caprio are terrific. 

As a piece of entertainment I found it hugely disappointing. 

Yes but Margot Robbie....again ?

The Wrong Missy. 6/10

Low brow romantic comedy, with a gurning (Jim Carrey style) female lead. 

Very definitely not my preferred viewing but it was actually funnier than I expected with a few laugh out loud moments. 

Ridiculous, paper-thin plot and characters but just about passed the 90mins without becoming tiresome. 

Cool Hand Luke - Paul Newman.  7.5

the longest day - John Wayne, Richard Burton, Sophia Loren, Robert Mitchum. 6.5

22 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Cool Hand Luke - Paul Newman.  7.5

the longest day - John Wayne, Richard Burton, Sophia Loren, Robert Mitchum. 6.5

Cool hand Luke gets a 7.5?

That's harsh, I named my first born after the title character.

I reckon he could more eggs mind.

On 18/05/2020 at 08:23, Chester40 said:

The Wrong Missy. 6/10

Very definitely not my preferred viewing but it was actually funnier than I expected with a few laugh out loud moments. 

Ridiculous, paper-thin plot and characters but just about passed the 90mins without becoming tiresome. 

I started to watch it on Friday night. Maybe it improved but I gave up after half an hour. An awful film in my opinion. 2/10 (for the part I watched). I found the Actual Wrong Missy character quite tiresome after about five minutes.

Sith Happens
On 18/05/2020 at 08:23, Chester40 said:

The Wrong Missy. 6/10

24 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I started to watch it on Friday night. Maybe it improved but I gave up after half an hour. An awful film in my opinion. 2/10 (for the part I watched). I found the Actual Wrong Missy character quite tiresome after about five minutes.

Just shows how we all like different stuff.  I enjoyed it and found myself laughing along. Not one i will ever watch again im sure but certainly spent worse 90 mins watching movies than that.

I actually find quite a few of the netflix originals very watchable without being movies i'll remember forever.

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

Just shows how we all like different stuff.  I enjoyed it and found myself laughing along. Not one i will ever watch again im sure but certainly spent worse 90 mins watching movies than that.

I actually find quite a few of the netflix originals very watchable without being movies i'll remember forever.

I can definitely see how you could dislike it. But if you could see past her ridiculous over acting it was funny in parts. Slapstick, gross out comedy is always a divider of opinion. 

White House Down:
A very poor man's version of the first couple of Die Hard's.  Yes, the hero ends up in a vest, he climbs a lift shaft, and single-handedly wipes out more baddies than The A Team did in a whole series, but there's no snow, no santa at the end, and his estranged wife isn't as fit John McClane's.
6.3/10  

Marathon Man:
The Hoffman.  Listed as a classic.
The first hour is very bitty-bobby.  Lots of jigsaw corners being built, but still lots to connect up.  Anyway, they were brothers as it turned out.  I'd appreciate any help re why his dad committed suicide though?  I either missed that, or they forgot to tell us before the film ended?
6.9/10

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

White House Down:
A very poor man's version of the first couple of Die Hard's.  Yes, the hero ends up in a vest, he climbs a lift shaft, and single-handedly wipes out more baddies than The A Team did in a whole series, but there's no snow, no santa at the end, and his estranged wife isn't as fit John McClane's.
6.3/10  

Marathon Man:
The Hoffman.  Listed as a classic.
The first hour is very bitty-bobby.  Lots of jigsaw corners being built, but still lots to connect up.  Anyway, they were brothers as it turned out.  I'd appreciate any help re why his dad committed suicide though?  I either missed that, or they forgot to tell us before the film ended?
6.9/10

Have you seen the 'Has Fallen' series? The first one from memory is almost identical to White House Down. Still entertaining garbage though.

The Borderlands (on Prime)

Low budget British horror in the found-footage genre.

A team of Vatican investigators descend on a west country village church, to delve into strange goings-on.

A slow build and it took me a while to get into the way it was filmed - on headcams and fixed CCTV cameras etc but it's a decent watch. A few jump scares but a building tension and dread which is very effective & really ramps up towards the end.

7/10