Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

Struggling to find anything decent on Netflix and Now TV that I’ve not seen before, I turned to the Channel 4 app last night and watched Nowhere boy about John Lennon’s early life. Very watchable (7/10). Don’t worry, you don’t need to be a Beatles fan, there isn’t any of their music. It doesn’t go that far into his life.

Sith Happens
6 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Struggling to find anything decent on Netflix and Now TV that I’ve not seen before, I turned to the Channel 4 app last night and watched Nowhere boy about John Lennon’s early life. Very watchable (7/10). Don’t worry, you don’t need to be a Beatles fan, there isn’t any of their music. It doesn’t go that far into his life.

If you like stupid humour...Netflix movie the good boys i found hilarious.

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Is it defo on Netflix? I couldn't find it

Apologies no, its amazon prime. My bad sorry.

Knives Out. (Prime £2.99 rent).

Starry ensemble cast move Agatha Christie to the USA, update it slightly, swear more and pull out a peach of a film.

Knowing but different, reverential but sly, one of the better films I've watched in lockdown.

Chris Martin/10.

Sith Happens
Just now, reverendo de duivel said:

Knives Out. (Prime £2.99 rent).

Starry ensemble cast move Agatha Christie to the USA, update it slightly, swear more and pull out a peach of a film.

Knowing but different, reverential but sly, one of the better films I've watched in lockdown.

Chris Martin/10.

I was underwhelmed by it, found Daniel Craig annoying. 

it was ok

Watched the 2019 The Lion King today with the lady friend.

Disney are so lazy nowadays. Let's remake all the classics and make billions. That's their film strategy. I watched it thinking, this is the worlds most expensive cut and paste job. Nothing new story wise, photorealistic lions are terrible for a film because they dont show any emotion. They look amazing, but that's it. Completely empty and souless. Not really crap but a pointless cash grab. The same thoughts on the new Star Wars films. Cut and paste, let's bring no fresh ideas to the table. Boring.

5/10

Edited by SouthStandDan

The Detective - Frank Sinatra - powerful storyline with a twist - 8/10

the conversation - Gene Hackman - Francis Ford Coppola - 9/10

bullitt - steve McQueen - plot seems to suddenly jump, blink and you miss why - 7/10

Sith Happens
5 hours ago, RamNut said:

The Detective - Frank Sinatra - powerful storyline with a twist - 8/10

the conversation - Gene Hackman - Francis Ford Coppola - 9/10

bullitt - steve McQueen - plot seems to suddenly jump, blink and you miss why - 7/10

never seen the detective,  are there any comparisons with die hard as they are based on the same book I believe 

Side Effects (Prime)

"A young woman's world unravels when a drug prescribed by her psychiatrist has unexpected side effects"

Rooney Mara, Channing Tatum, Jude Law in a good psychological thriller, which appears quite straight forward in the first half and then becomes something quite different in the second.

Enjoyed this - 8/10

13 hours ago, Paul71 said:

never seen the detective,  are there any comparisons with die hard as they are based on the same book I believe 

I don’t know, I haven’t seen Die Hard ?‍♂️