Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

On 27/04/2020 at 21:49, Mostyn6 said:

Perrier’s Bounty on prime video. I’d never heard of it. Excellent cast, amusing film. 

johnny russell/10

On your recommendation I watched it last night and would agree with your assessment and rating. Good film with great British/Irish cast.

Twilight movies - all of them were repeated on one of the Sky channels throughout the day yesterday.

Ranged from Connor Sammon/10 to Claude Davies/10

Was it just me or did anyone else root for Brian Clough, sorry Michael Sheen!

49 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I really enjoyed the book but I thought the film trailer looked a bit crap.

Saw it with the kids....think we all gave it 6-7 out of 10.

Lots of interesting ideas but felt like it was mish-mash of tie-ins, name drops, product placement and not much soul. 

9 hours ago, maxjam said:

Twilight movies - all of them were repeated on one of the Sky channels throughout the day yesterday.

Ranged from Connor Sammon/10 to Claude Davies/10

Was it just me or did anyone else root for Brian Clough, sorry Michael Sheen!

Years ago there was nothing on at the cinema, so as a compromise myself and the missus went to see one of the Twilight films (possibly 2nd or 3rd having not seen the others). A female colleague loved them and had been banging on about how amazing they were...I wasn't convinced but thought it was probably a Robert Pattinson female thing so let's get some brownie points and how bad can it be anyway ? 

An hour in omg I was dying inside but saying nothing, thinking I didnt want to spoil the night... The missus touched my arm and whispered.... 

'This is poo, shall we go'.. 

I think I have never loved her more. 

55 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

The Big Short.

I thought this was fantastic!

Has anyone else seen it?

Stalking you ?

Yep, and I liked it.  Difficult rather dry subject matter that was well presented in a way I could understand and found easy to watch. 

2 hours ago, Jourdan said:

The Big Short.

I thought this was fantastic!

Has anyone else seen it?

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Stalking you ?

Yep, and I liked it.  Difficult rather dry subject matter that was well presented in a way I could understand and found easy to watch. 

I've seen it twice and enjoyed it both times.

On a similar theme, I really enjoyed Margin Call, if you can stomach watching Kevin Spacey these days. It doesn't go into the details of the crash as much and it's much more dramatic. I think I preferred it to The Big Short. No Margot Robbie though.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

Steve McQueens last film The Hunter. Worth watching for the McQueen effect alone but the script is so-so. Should have been more "serious" with less snigger moments like his bad driving (in reality he was an excellent driver). The small amount of action sequences were very well done though. 6/10.

Edited by TimRam

Night Hunter. 

Started off as a pretty run of the mill stalker / Hannibal type vehicle for Henry Cavill but was actually better than I expected. 

Last half hour was really terrible though, really threw every cliché and corny twist in the book and lost any semblance of suspense. 

6/10