Derby in advanced talks with American billionaire Michael Dell over major financial injection

Bubbles

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Birdyabroad said:

My concern exactly.

Don’t be surprised if we don’t see any/much of this loan money go transfers, I suspect it will cover the running costs of the club, salaries and revenue lost over lockdown.

This loan may be the thing that’s kept the wolf from the door in terms of administration.

Still, the ‘happy clapper’ in me will take a bit more of an interest when we’re linked with a player from now on. Yesterday I think it was fairly clear we either weren’t going to sign anyone or bargain basement loans.

But tomorrow, who knows ?‍♂️?

I think this is probably right

What is clear from this is Mel either won't, or can't, keep lending Derby money interest free. So we are now borrowing at commercial rates of interest.  That's not good news (and I don't blame Mel: bloke has thrown enough money away on Derby)

I suspect it's covering costs or refinancing debt. 

1 hour ago, Topram said:

This loan won’t be for signings it’ll be to help us keep going not sure why people seem to be buzzing thinking we will be splashing money

Hopefully we will have the flexibility to bring in some free transfers if we are able to get the right ones 

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Roughly £9.1m down for the season (£400k per match)
£4m down for commercial and hospitality income

I don't think we'll lose much more than that... takes us down to about £16m compared to 17/18, but our income should have increased a bit since then, especially with increased sponsorship.

This may be countered slightly by an increase in solidarity payments from the Premier League, more games on Sky, and increased sponsorship due to greater TV exposure.

If I had to guess, I'll say our revenue for the 20/21 season will be in the region of £20m.

I hope you’re right but the income generated by the stadium being shut will still hurt ... although I’m still unclear who the day to day Income now does to? The club or the company who bought the stadium?

Also - we’re talking most like March through to probably the end of the year, so that’ll be close to a whole season of lost match day revenue.

TV money and sponsorship revenue, what’s left of it, is probably the only income. Cash flow may be boosted by any transfer fee income due payable this year but that’s not profit, just cash flow.

Maybe this is a loan to pay the EFL fine that we're due to receive along with the point deduction? I'm only jesting, of course. 

I'm more intrigued with why we've done it rather than the action itself. Mel is a money man, although my advice would be for him to get back in the lab again and knock out another Candy Crush. It doesn't look like we're in a great state, regardless. I doubt any team is, but this seems slightly desperate IMO. 

10 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

Not looking good now really is it?

Don't own the ground and now have a 30 million quid loan to pay back. Not to mention some late salary payments last season.

Mel has owned the ground since he took over and purchased the club, so I fail to see your point.

Salary's were 2 days late, hardly a situation that does not look good. 

Got to chuckle. The other day we had posts questioning the running of the club, the money that’s been wasted....few sleeps later and news breaks of a £30m loan it’s ooooh, we can go buy lots of players now, get the chequebook out ?

I hope when this is all done and dusted, the outcome of the EFL investigation is done etc, we get to see Mel Morris do an interview with RamsTV.

One of the great things during his ownership has been his openness with the fans through various avenues such as the fan Q&A's, inviting members of the Forum to Moor Farm, the quarterly meetings with Fan groups etc.

Obviously those things are on ice for now, and a in house video wouldn't be the most taxing scrutiny, but it would be nice to be reassured about recent developments and the reasons behind them.

If we need to reset expectations in this new era, explain it to the fans with no bull, and get us onboard with the future reality, maybe even point out how our individual contributions can help the club through this current scenario.

24 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Richard are you just putting 2,4 and 6 together or are you ITK.

It’s a article in Derby telegraph via news now says we are talking about more investment.

I have read another article about a takeover but can’t find it at moment will keep looking.

3 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

It’s a article in Derby telegraph via news now says we are talking about more investment.

I have read another article about a takeover but can’t find it at moment will keep looking.

We’ve known were after investment for ages now. This isn’t new info. 

11 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I hope when this is all done and dusted, the outcome of the EFL investigation is done etc, we get to see Mel Morris do an interview with RamsTV.

One of the great things during his ownership has been his openness with the fans through various avenues such as the fan Q&A's, inviting members of the Forum to Moor Farm, the quarterly meetings with Fan groups etc.

Obviously those things are on ice for now, and a in house video wouldn't be the most taxing scrutiny, but it would be nice to be reassured about recent developments and the reasons behind them.

If we need to reset expectations in this new era, explain it to the fans with no bull, and get us onboard with the future reality, maybe even point out how our individual contributions can help the club through this current scenario.

Totally agree, Rev - well said. ???

4 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Part 1 of what?

I know what he is talking about.

It's part 1 of a potential takeover.

They have lent us 30 million, will see how we use it, if they trust Mel, the club and like what they see then they could decide to invest further or actually buy out the club.

I do think there could be more parts to this story.

Our club is safe. 

Many, many others in the Championship will not be. They won't be an attractive investment, or own assets worth lots of millions they can loan against....

Thats all I take from it.

Bash MM for some things, but you can't bash him for the amount he invested in the academy that looks like it has produced players worth a combined amount of the loan. 

There will be 10 or so clubs in serious trouble this year. We won't be one. 

Archived