Derby in advanced talks with American billionaire Michael Dell over major financial injection

Bubbles

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Looks like Mel has secured the loan he was looking for. 

Looking at the thread it appears to have come from the US Dell consortium that was being talked about a couple of months ago. 

What has this got to do with Carol Vordeman. There are people on here who do not post in the correct thread.

So this Dell company have also made big loans to Southampton and Sunderland. Now Derby

Not being funny, but why is this an attractive proposition to them? Surely lending huge amounts of money to businesses that make operating losses year after year is insanity?

Maybe I've been watching to much Ozark, but something doesn't quite add up

6 minutes ago, sage said:

I wonder if this means MM knows he outcome of tribunal. 

I'm not wholly convinced by the argument that links investment and tribunal outcome.  It's an irritation. We know that any points deduction won't be applied until next season and, unless it is significantly more than 12 points, isn't definitely going to lead us to relegation (we will have plenty of time to recoup the points).  Any fine isn't likely to be club destroying and, in investment terms anyway, will be relatively small beer.  There's possible reputational damage but again that's not likely to bother investors too much. And, in any case if there are appeals, it could go on for months yet.

My bet on investment is that it's all about the deal and who we deal with.  Who owns what and at what rate of return; where Mel fits in by way of future management/decision making; any representation on the board; future ownership etc.  Our having severely reduced income (with no real sign of significant change) will be affecting the discussions

Mel's also a proud guy.  He will want to be around in the future or be able to look at all of us and say that he's handed over the reins (if that is what happens) to an outfit that he thinks we will be OK with.  

3 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Is Mel gambling on promotion this year? Last opportunity to do it with Rooney. One of the best teams in the Championship since his arrival in January. I reckon if we splashed out the cash on a few key signings we will be there or there abouts. No guarantee of course though.

Five players short of an automatic promotion spot for me. GK, FB, CH, ST, ST, W. Barring major injuries. Really we are short of two GK. We need at least ten of our first team to be on top form nearly all the time. Leeds players were ruthless nearly every game. Watford, Bournemouth, Brentford, Cardiff have better players/team than us. Forest and Swansea will likely be competitive next season. Most of the other teams are hard working and organised so no push over. We need a good start or we will be playing catch up again. Top six is not a major achievement in the Championship. Most teams do not spend massive amounts of money on players. Wigan lost only one of their last 15 games. They must have some decent players.

10 minutes ago, Boycie said:

If we default, we have new owners.  Cheap way of buying a football club.

That might be the outcome if the loan is structured in that way. Alternatively, the creditor forces insolvency and seeks to recover as much of their debt as possible through disposal of the residual assets of the company, so we could end up being owned by more or less anyone...

6 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

That might be the outcome if the loan is structured in that way. Alternatively, the creditor forces insolvency and seeks to recover as much of their debt as possible through disposal of the residual assets of the company, so we could end up being owned by more or less anyone...

Ramstrust finally get their hands on the controls! ?

30 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

So this Dell company have also made big loans to Southampton and Sunderland. Now Derby

Not being funny, but why is this an attractive proposition to them? Surely lending huge amounts of money to businesses that make operating losses year after year is insanity?

Maybe I've been watching to much Ozark, but something doesn't quite add up

Ozark is good, watched about 10 episodes ?

Archived