Derby in advanced talks with American billionaire Michael Dell over major financial injection

Bubbles

Very, very slim chances of this being anything other than a commercial loan. They've done the same with Sunderland and Soton. 

Neither will this mean we'll be splashing cash.  3 or 4 signings, a loan or two, yes...but if we don't balance the books with a sale, I doubt we'll see more than £3m total on fees.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I know what he is talking about.

It's part 1 of a potential takeover.

You could be on to something, but I rather hope not. We've been down that route with Glick and co. So no thanks. Just my personal opinion.

48 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I know what he is talking about.

It's part 1 of a potential takeover.

They have lent us 30 million, will see how we use it, if they trust Mel, the club and like what they see then they could decide to invest further or actually buy out the club.

I do think there could be more parts to this story.

You’re reaching. 

Does this not worry people? If you add up the not being able to pay the players, the dodgy loan with a potential criminal, furloughing all the staff, the Efl charge ,the poor investment by McLarens son and now a loan putting the whole club at stake. I think it’s definitely time for MM to move on we can’t keep on carrying like this, it’s not sustainable at all and we could be potentially sleep walking in to a very very serious problem. 

33 minutes ago, Dcfc_20 said:

Does this not worry people? If you add up the not being able to pay the players, the dodgy loan with a potential criminal, furloughing all the staff, the Efl charge ,the poor investment by McLarens son and now a loan putting the whole club at stake. I think it’s definitely time for MM to move on we can’t keep on carrying like this, it’s not sustainable at all and we could be potentially sleep walking in to a very very serious problem. 

Number 1, its been confirmed that the late wage payment was an admin error.

Secondly, think of it this way - we either get this 30m commercial loan to be financially safe this season - or we lose 2+ of Bird, Sibley, Knight, Bogle etc. to cover it, likely for less than their worth. Bird and Sibley most likely.

43 minutes ago, Dcfc_20 said:

Trolling your rear end off. Jog on.

I think it hasn’t been confirmed that happened or perhaps that’s what the club has come out with (don’t believe it one bit) and that 30 million probably won’t be used to keep the club financially safe more to most likely pay off Gabay after he borrowed 80 million from him. More and more borrowing always works out doesn’t it? 

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Number 1, its been confirmed that the late wage payment was an admin error.

Secondly, think of it this way - we either get this 30m commercial loan to be financially safe this season - or we lose 2+ of Bird, Sibley, Knight, Bogle etc. to cover it, likely for less than their worth. Bird and Sibley most likely.

3 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Trolling your rear end off. Jog on.

Or maybe like many fans you are living in denial. If he was from another country and wasn’t “one of our own” then serious questions would be asked. It’s not the efl or Steve Gibson he has on strings it’s our fan base. I’m sure as soon as we get deducted points fans will start changing their opinions.

8 minutes ago, Dcfc_20 said:

I think it hasn’t been confirmed that happened or perhaps that’s what the club has come out with (don’t believe it one bit) and that 30 million probably won’t be used to keep the club financially safe more to most likely pay off Gabay after he borrowed 80 million from him. More and more borrowing always works out doesn’t it? 

Has been confirmed by multiple sources.

Gabay loan has also already been paid off. 

Just do basic research. Its really easy. 

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Has been confirmed by multiple sources.

Gabay loan has also already been paid off. 

Just do basic research. Its really easy. 

The club puts out what you want to hear to journalists like Conway etc. We’re a shambles but can’t really go in to it as I would probably get banned.

2 minutes ago, Dcfc_20 said:

The club puts out what you want to hear to journalists like Conway etc. We’re a shambles but can’t really go in to it as I would probably get banned.

So what you're saying is you only believe articles like we owe Gabay 80m but not the articles where its been confirmed we have paid it back? Its almost like you pick & choose what you want to believe but believe random journos over the club you support

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

So what you're saying is you only believe articles like we owe Gabay 80m but not the articles where its been confirmed we have paid it back? Its almost like you pick & choose what you want to believe but believe random journos over the club you support

No I don’t pick and choose articles I’m not going to say how I know I would get banned like I said.

1 hour ago, Dcfc_20 said:

Unable to pay players = admin error over a bank holiday

Dodgy loan = been paid back

Staff furlough = plenty of other clubs have done this, Arsenal even getting rid of staff when renewing Aubameyangs massive contract

EFL charge = the charge pushed by other chairman after being signed off as ok by the EFL originally?

McClarens son poor investment = must admit I dont know what you're on about here unless you mean our overall player purchases?

Loan = a lot of clubs are in crisis due to the global pandemic, we are fortunate to be an attractive proposition to be able to get a 30m loan, could be worse, we could get no loan and either go bust or have to sell our prized assets?

Archived