Derby in advanced talks with American billionaire Michael Dell over major financial injection

Bubbles

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Gibson’s head will explode when we get away with no fine or points deduction then buy the league with borrowed money next year, fantastic! 

I believe a loan would not be a P&L item but only affect the balance sheet therefore any moneys raised would not affect FFP.

If i am wrong no doubt someone will correct me.

1 minute ago, Asheville Ram said:

I believe a loan would not be a P&L item but only affect the balance sheet therefore any moneys raised would not affect FFP.

If i am wrong no doubt someone will correct me.

You're right, but it would give Mel (the club) the funds to go out and buy someone. Based on our current amortisation policy, that's not a P&S (FFP) worry unless we sell the player for less than we pay.

Realistically it’s probably a good thing in that we can now probably pay all the staff that we keep on and refund the season ticket holders from 19/20 who are due refunds and probably those needing refunds from 20/21.

yet the devil in me thinks we will never have a better time to go for it league wise and we are going to bring in Joe Hart a damm good centre half Harry Wilson some Chelsea unknown superstar on loan a centre forward who can score goals and somehow Chris Martin sneaks into the mix again - I know I know it’s hot today 

2 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Not Percy, but the story is being ran on the Telegraph now.

Ta. Nothing new that wasn't in the earlier tweets, just a bit of conjecture:

Derby are among many clubs on a financial knife-edge in the Championship post Covid-19 and the club’s willingness to take out a significant loan at commercial rates will prompt questions over how much spending power Morris still has personally.

7 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Not Percy, but the story is being ran on the Telegraph now.

Great work by Mel, we now need to invest in players before the EFL sanction us and try and stop us, in my opinion they will not be happy about this move.

We need players in before next week if possible.

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ta. Nothing new that wasn't in the earlier tweets, just a bit of conjecture:

It *would* raise questions if it wasn't known that we've been seeking cash from Michael Dell since January - reported by The Telegraph I believe ? 

Journos make me laugh sometimes

2 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

Great work by Mel, we now need to invest in players before the EFL sanction us and try and stop us, in my opinion they will not be happy about this move.

We need players in before next week if possible.

I honestly think Mel must know the outcome with this having happened.

It certainly isnt a risk for the lender, if we default they get a shiny football club for 30 million.

I think this is Mels final throw of the dice, we have Rooney, Cocu and now the emergence of Sibley, Knight, Bird etc, with the right bit of investment we could do very well this season..I do think this is Mels final go at it, just my opinion.

10 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think this is Mels final throw of the dice, we have Rooney, Cocu and now the emergence of Sibley, Knight, Bird etc, with the right bit of investment we could do very well this season..I do think this is Mels final go at it, just my opinion

I agree, I thought lampard was the last throw of the dice and we were going to go long term now but why not chuck some more money at it? The league looks seriously weak this year, it's a massive opportunity for a club like Derby to get promoted

30 million investment. Max spend on transfer fees up front will be 8-10 million. A few million of that for wages. Rest to keep the club afloat. 

Don’t think this will necessarily be for a massive spending spree but maybe to keep the books looking healthy in the eyes of the EFL (ie. not making more than a 39 million loss in our accounts). 

Would love it if we signed a good winger on a permanent, another on loan, a centre forward and a left sided centre back. Maybe at a push a goalie.

Archived