Derby in advanced talks with American billionaire Michael Dell over major financial injection

Bubbles

1 hour ago, Dcfc_20 said:

The club puts out what you want to hear to journalists like Conway etc. We’re a shambles but can’t really go in to it as I would probably get banned.

Think it's more a case that your support of our Club is the shambles. The majority of your posts are critical of the owner and the money that's been wasted then in your next breath you say we need this player and that player. 

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Anyone is entitled to their opinion, whether they are for Mel or against him.

I do not believe anyone was attacking you over that.

I think you were being called out for a rather vague statement "we're in worse trouble than is being broadcast" or something like that without then going on to substantiate that with either further details or an information source.

I apologise for the vague statements I shouldn’t of said them. I’m obviously not going to say in detail the stuff as I could be accused of breaking the rules of the forum. Not going to say anymore as I’m uninformed and a moron.

7 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Think it's more a case that your support of our Club is the shambles. The majority of your posts are critical of the owner and the money that's been wasted then in your next breath you say we need this player and that player. 

So it’s a dictatorship then? Can I not suggest transfers while criticising the owner? I was trying to come up with players that would suit our system with a high potential resale on a budget, not wasting money on ageing players like we have done in the past under his reign. 

2 hours ago, Dcfc_20 said:

Does this not worry people? If you add up the not being able to pay the players, the dodgy loan with a potential criminal, furloughing all the staff, the Efl charge ,the poor investment by McLarens son and now a loan putting the whole club at stake. I think it’s definitely time for MM to move on we can’t keep on carrying like this, it’s not sustainable at all and we could be potentially sleep walking in to a very very serious problem. 

As MM is owed north of £150 million by DCFC in loan notes and that these would need to be paid back to him, how exactly is he going to move on.
Are you going to pay his loans back so he can move on?

6 minutes ago, Dcfc_20 said:

So it’s a dictatorship then? Can I not suggest transfers while criticising the owner? I was trying to come up with players that would suit our system with a high potential resale on a budget, not wasting money on ageing players like we have done in the past under his reign. 

How have you been Sam? Do you still "always get your man"?

14 minutes ago, Dcfc_20 said:

What's the difference between you criticising the owner for how you feel he's run the Club and some fans criticising you for making those same comments ?

The best chance we had of promotion came before he took charge. We actually had a proper recruitment back then instead of throwing money down the drain. Can you honestly say we’ve improved as a club in the 6 years he’s been in charge. We’re a moral mess and while you may argue we have Wayne Rooney (which is great), he is being paid for by a gambling company on way above what any player in the championship should be on. The long term sustainability seems to have gone in the window and I think one of the only things I can commend him on is the academy.

Again wrong as mel had already bought a minority share holding at that point.but being #close to people at the club you would know that.

I apologise for the vague statements I shouldn’t of said them. I’m obviously not going to say in detail the stuff as I could be accused of breaking the rules of the forum. Not going to say anymore as I’m uninformed and a moron.

Look I dont want to be horrible but alot of what you have said so far has made no sense.if you are truly Itk I understand you not wanting to give out your source but take a tip from me dont bother posting if you know you cant say how you know.

If you are so informed you would realise that the player are bought by the manager not mel he just signs off the money.and like a good owner he doesn't dictate to his manager who to sign.

No you cant

Why people post itk stuff that they then can’t give the first clue as to substance is beyond me 

we would be up in arms if mel was some foreign Johnny come lately ? Well he’s not ,he’s Derby to the core , whilst that fact does not make him immune from making mistakes and or getting it wrong I’m happy that he is doing his upmost to get Derby to the prem and in a healthy position once there producing good young players for the team or sale for profit 

this is a far from easy task where the difference between success and failure can hinge on a couple of injuries, a couple of bad reffing decisions or just plain old width of the post ,with the fact that staying in the championship and up around the play off spots is an unsustainable model financially competing with vast parachute payments it bores me senseless to read the over the top critics of Morris ( the balanced critique not so much)

under Morris we are at least having a go and not stagnating while fans moan about no new players and crowds dwindle ,while interest in the club from the wider football world goes to zero 

the above is just my opinion , I would never pretend to be itk to try to give my opinion a weight it doesn’t carry, really wish others were capable of doing the same , if your going to present things as more than opinion then back it up with researched facts and questions at least

lets see how Brentford do sustaining the promotion challenge after near miss and building new ground

6 hours ago, Dcfc_20 said:

I've read the forum rules and cannot see anything that will lead to a ban if what you are saying is all correct.

Under what rule do you think you will be banned?

Maybe you can clarify with a moderator and then they can confirm if you would be banned for posting your #ITK information?

6 hours ago, Asheville Ram said:

As MM is owed north of £150 million by DCFC in loan notes and that these would need to be paid back to him, how exactly is he going to move on.
Are you going to pay his loans back so he can move on?

I mean it's a good point, at least it would be if it was true.

At 30 June 2018, MM was owed £0 by DCFC.

Not sure where your info comes from that since that point we have issued loan notes to the value of £150m.

Are you allowed to divulge your source?

7 hours ago, IslandExile said:

True but Mel was only backing his manager.

7 hours ago, Ramslaar said:

Agree all but you live by the sword and die by it.all mel has ever done is back his manager and some how people stick the knife in for that as well. Madness

Absolutely - Mel's money has been used poorly by people other than Mel. He's every right to wind down the funding as he looks on at what £ms in transfers has achieved for the first team so far.

Football looks stuffed full of chancers and people who feel entitled to spaff all the cash they can get their hands on.

Mel if anything is the aggrieved party rather than the source of any of our spending woes.

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Absolutely - Mel's money has been used poorly by people other than Mel. He's every right to wind down the funding as he looks on at what £ms in transfers has achieved for the first team so far.

Football looks stuffed full of chancers and people who feel entitled to spaff all the cash they can get their hands on.

Mel if anything is the aggrieved party rather than the source of any of our spending woes.

True but he has to take some responsibility as he employed the people but for a long time people called him out for getting to involved when it has been quite the opposite.like any good leader he trusts the people that he employs to do there job and I for one can tell you many have not and that has cost he dearly.his last CEO was for one that is rumours are to be true tryed to take him and the club for a ride and years later we are still paying for it.we talk about the youth we have now....for the last at least 2 years hes been asking managers to look at them and use them....only cocu has had the balls to do it.

Made this point before, but I never understand the constant badgering of people who claim to be ITK to declare where their information comes from. 

If I really was told something in confidence by a source (maybe a relative who is involved in the accounting or legal side of things) then I would do exactly what @Dcfc_20 has done, allude to this knowledge but say I can't really say more (for fear of getting my friend /relative the sack).

Sure we have all been in the situation where a senior manager we are close to at work has let us know certain things that we then hint at to colleagues without letting on too much for it be clear who our source is. 

Just shouting them down means nobody is going to want to say anything for fear they are ridiculed and disbelieved.

It just puts off honest people who may really have heard things...because believe it or not there must be people who are ITK who are married, siblings of other people they confide in!

I would add, reading his posts, I have a very healthy dose of disbelief for this particular poster so I won't be burning effigies of Mel anytime soon based on his claims. 

We are slowly but surely starting to see fruits of the millions that mel invested in the academy all it took was a manager that was willing to do it.thats why I think cocu is perfect for this job.he is the only manager that has stuck to what he has said even if the job means he gets no personal gain when the last 4-5 managers have promised so much to mel and just never delivered.real leaders lead from the back and cocu is just the man.

Archived