Derby in advanced talks with American billionaire Michael Dell over major financial injection

Bubbles

8 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Lol what? I'm sure a life of blissful ignorance suits you fine, but just because i cant currently do something about it doesnt mean i just stick my fingers in my ears and do my best to ignore it. With an attitude like that you'd never get anything done.

Dont be ridiculous. Not wanting to and actually not doing it are two completely different things. We had to sell the stadium to stay within FFP last time and we cant pull that trick again. I am baffled as to how you reached the conclusion that you think i believe Mel Morris is maliciously trying to get the club a points deduction. 

You completely misunderstand my point, I’m not suggesting anything of the sort regards your opinion of MM’s intentions. I was simply replying to your post that stated fans don’t want to start a season on minus 12 points nor sell their best players by suggesting I’m sure MM doesn’t either.  I found it equally ridiculous that you suggested that @1of4was happy too. 

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

In terms of P&S, we were within limits by £1.3m for the 3 years to 2019. Fortunately, it looks like we’ve been saved from 2020 failure thanks to the coronavirus and switching to a 4 year period. 
Given the rise in amortisation will outweigh the reduction in wages and profit on manager/players, we’ll be looking at a c£38m P&S loss in 19/20. Amortisation should return to ‘normal’ the following year, and with further wage reductions I estimate an £18m P&S loss. 

The average over 19/20 and 20/21 must be better than a £15m loss to stay within limits. 

How are you accounting for the wage deferrals? Accruing them as sums due and hence contributing to the 19/20 losses?

Or if not, could your numbers get even worse?

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

As a fan who's only concern is the the team's performances on the pitch. I find some fans obsession with the clubs finances rather odd.

In fact I find some fans speculating on the clubs spending and the possibility of them failing to comply with P&S rules even more disconcerting. It seems as if they want the club to fail and want us to be punished by the EFL. So they can then have a good moan about the owner and the club.

Yes Mel Morris when he first took ownership of the club may have been a bit starry eyed and even naive on how a football club finances should be run. But resent events have shown that the owner and administrative management are now nothing but professional in how they run the club.

So hopefully I can soon be back sat in the stadium enjoy the football team's performances on the pitch, I'll leave the finances to those who  have proven they know what they are doing.

You could say it helps adjust expectations a bit. If I know it’s going to be a struggle to meet P&S limits, then I won’t be surprised when we sell one of our better players and/or not sign expensive players.

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

How are you accounting for the wage deferrals? Accruing them as sums due and hence contributing to the 19/20 losses?

Or if not, could your numbers get even worse?

I forgot about the deferrals to be honest. Thinking about it, anything deferred from 19/20, will probably be added on to 20/21, so no net difference. 

Here’s the thing,, because of the kind of club we are , the size and nature of our fanbase ,the landscape of championship and premiership finances re parachute payments we are always going to struggle with ffp and probably fall foul to it at some point if not promoted , personally I’m happy to let mel Morris do the best he can to try to navigate the the problem as best he can , if people think that’s just sticking my fingers in my ears then that’s they’re prerogative 

4 hours ago, 1of4 said:

As a fan who's only concern is the the team's performances on the pitch. I find some fans obsession with the clubs finances rather odd.

In fact I find some fans speculating on the clubs spending and the possibility of them failing to comply with P&S rules even more disconcerting. It seems as if they want the club to fail and want us to be punished by the EFL. So they can then have a good moan about the owner and the club.

Yes Mel Morris when he first took ownership of the club may have been a bit starry eyed and even naive on how a football club finances should be run. But resent events have shown that the owner and administrative management are now nothing but professional in how they run the club.

So hopefully I can soon be back sat in the stadium enjoy the football team's performances on the pitch, I'll leave the finances to those who  have proven they know what they are doing.

Its close season so no football is happening, we have been under an transfer embargo so have not been able to purchase players, we have sold the ground to jiggle finances, are in the middle of a pandemic ripping the arse out of football finances and have no money forthcoming, having 'narrowly' avoided a 12 point deduction and (understandably) very few reassuring noises /plans have been coming out of the club ...in fact the rhetoric has clearly been followed by very real action - bringing through academy players and off-loading those on high wages. 

Yet you think its odd people are trying to figure out where that leaves us? 

I don't have the financial background to make head nor tail of it, but if I did I too would be wildly speculating just as avidly as those who can, every bit as much as I would be guessing which Div 1 winger we may be linked with. 

14 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Yet you think its odd people are trying to figure out where that leaves us? 

It is a little odd. Trying to answer a mathematical question without having the numbers is impossible. 

Sure you can go off previous seasons numbers that are in the accounts, but they are not broken down into individual wages, and then you have to take a complete guess at what wages incoming players are on, signing on fees, transfer/loan payments, transfer/loan fees received, sponsorships the list goes on. 

Few days ago we were laughing at where Gibson got his valuation for the stadium from, pulled it out his rear end which we would be doing now to figure out where we stand.

I get the concern, but the new season is just 7 days away, after weeks of FFP/tribunal talk, I do find it a little odd that the attention hasn’t been turned back on the football.

Each to their own though and this topic is clearly titled ‘Finances’ so anyone entering knows what they are getting. 

5 minutes ago, David said:

It is a little odd. Trying to answer a mathematical question without having the numbers is impossible. 

Sure you can go off previous seasons numbers that are in the accounts, but they are not broken down into individual wages, and then you have to take a complete guess at what wages incoming players are on, signing on fees, transfer/loan payments, transfer/loan fees received, sponsorships the list goes on. 

Few days ago we were laughing at where Gibson got his valuation for the stadium from, pulled it out his rear end which we would be doing now to figure out where we stand.

I get the concern, but the new season is just 7 days away, after weeks of FFP/tribunal talk, I do find it a little odd that the attention hasn’t been turned back on the football.

Each to their own though and this topic is clearly titled ‘Finances’ so anyone entering knows what they are getting. 

We could always give this topic a 21 posts deduction 

5 minutes ago, David said:

Its a niche interest thread. A bit like the one about LeTissier, Thomson etc losing jobs where they are paid to watch TV and occasionally go "ooooh".?

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Its a niche interest thread. A bit like the one about LeTissier, Thomson etc losing jobs where they are paid to watch TV and occasionally go "ooooh".?

Wouldn’t say it was a niche interest, I’m sure all fans would be interested to know we’re financially ok within the eyes of the EFL.

When the accounts are released and you have factual numbers to dig into, can understand it, but plucking numbers out the air is a bit odd. 

How much is Dutch Mike on, does he get bonuses for clean sheets, did we cover his rental fees when he moved over, was there a signing on fee, how much did his agent cost us....and this is just one player.

5 hours ago, 1of4 said:

With you on this, yes I have followed the tribunal thread, but skipping over the long drawn out put a glass eye to sleep posts, delighted with the outcome and delighted that us as football fans now have 1 to laud over our rivals..... . As for the finances thread just started, I got 3 lines in, thought to myself "boring" and moved on to the transfer thread which is getting just as boring with the Mason Bennett thread........HE's GONE GOOD RIDDANCE CLOSE THREAD

Well, all this interest in how the clubs run or not run tells me one thing.

No fans based trust could ever take ownership of our club.  We’d be docked points every year, that’s if the club even made it through its ownership.

13 hours ago, Boycie said:

Well, all this interest in how the clubs run or not run tells me one thing.

No fans based trust could ever take ownership of our club.  We’d be docked points every year, that’s if the club even made it through its ownership.

You can see it can’t you 

As a fan ... get him, total star, we’ll bomb the league with him in the side. Sod the money this is an investment. We have to pay those wages to get quality, we have to have ambition

As a fans trust board member .. How much does he want to get paid !!!!! We can’t afford that ! He’s taking the micky ! We have budgets to meet and the integrity of the club to manage.. we can’t blow that on one overpaid unproven dork. It will damage the dressing room and set a precedent 

Archived