Radio Derby

Norman Hull

10 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Some people only read headlines. Ive had Stokies ask me whats going on with the racist stuff at Derby. When I explain it was one comment from a BBC Radio Derby commentator they seem confused....they'd heard it was racism within DCFC.....ffs, they actually thought it was DCFC employees being racist toward DCFC players.....the world is ducking upside down.....people are thick as duck or just can't be arsed to look behind the headline....?

??

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do hope that Chris Coles is just getting a slap on the wrist and serving a one match suspension. After Owen Bradley left, Dave Fletcher took on his role for a while. I can't actually give you a reason why, but he makes me want stick pins in my eyes to dull the pain of listening to Radio Derby. Chris Coles, imo, is about 10,000 times better.

9 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Which in my opinion merely reflects badly on the reader, not on DCFC.  

This reflects badly on DCFC no more than a mass brawl in a Sunday morning match on the racecourse!   

I don’t disagree with anything you post usually but I do on this one, as I posted previously, the club itself has done nothing wrong  but I feel it’s another negative episode connected with Derby County this season, sorry, and if you believe that reflects badly on me, it’s cool, I can deal with that. ?

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

I don’t disagree with anything you post usually but I do on this one, as I posted previously, the club itself has done nothing wrong  but I feel it’s another negative episode connected with Derby County this season, sorry, and if you believe that reflects badly on me, it’s cool, I can deal with that. ?

Just checked, and as I thought, my comments were more in response to @uttoxram75's post about the headline readers, and them assuming the racism was from within Derby County... although I do concede I quoted your post too, above my response.

I think it's fair to say that anyone thinking this is in any way "Derby County's fault/responsibility" (The aforementioned headline readers!) are way off the mark.

It's hard to argue, however, that it is indeed "another negative episode connected with Derby County", in the literal sense, but under the circumstances, with DCFC playing no part in any blame/responsibility, I feel no shame, as a fan.  No embarrassment.  In fact, no negative emotion whatsoever, from a DCFC perspective.

I do like how we're all different though!  ??

1 hour ago, Mckram said:

I don’t think they said one negative comment about the team tonight...felt a bit of a suck up to Derby.

Also no interviews with manager or players...interesting! 

When you have someone like Steele who is generally a positive person I can understand why, just listening to him summarise at the end, going on about the performance was quite uplifting, none of the we should have done this better or I don’t like this. 

Do hope Eric is used more often, not nearly half the whinging usually heard.

Archived