Radio Derby

Norman Hull

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Who was going to do Sportscene talk in? Hasnt the mob got their wish and Ramage been sacked?

Why should Radio Derby apologise?

Ramage was giving his own opinion as a freelance journalist and has apologised for it.

This. I've already alluded to Ramage not being an employee of the BBC so they do not feel they therefore need to make an apology on his behalf. 

They have said that they no longer will be working with him which doesn't need much more to add to it.

I can see why they've cancelled it by not adding fuel to the fire but they should have had at least a discussion panel with a representative of radio Derby, maybe a representative of a fan group who have commented on the matter etc. and a representative of the club to have a cool, calm discussion of what happened and where to go next. I wouldn't think a phone in is a good idea given the situation but neither is just cancelling 

5 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Because folk on both sides of the argument will, rightly or wrongly, have been expecting them to address what has happened. At a time when their stock is at an all-time low, this will not exactly help. 

They've said Ramages comments were unacceptable and he wont be working with them anymore? Surely that is addressing the situation?

This is not about what Ramage said. Nor is it about whether or not he is a racist. This is about Radio Derby and their decision to cancel the Sports Scene programme tonight without acknowledging why. I find that appalling. By doing that they have made a bad situation worse. 

14 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

They've said Ramages comments were unacceptable and he wont be working with them anymore? Surely that is addressing the situation?

I think what happened probably warrants more than a sentence posted at 10.00pm on a website though I'm not surprised you don't. 

Archived