Radio Derby

Norman Hull

8 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

When you have someone like Steele who is generally a positive person I can understand why, just listening to him summarise at the end, going on about the performance was quite uplifting, none of the we should have done this better or I don’t like this. 

Do hope Eric is used more often, not nearly half the whinging usually heard.

He actually talks sense to which helps.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mckram said:

I don’t think they said one negative comment about the team tonight...felt a bit of a suck up to Derby.

Also no interviews with manager or players...interesting! 

The first may be because we played well, had the better chances and, were it not for a motm performance from their goalkeeper would have won by four goals at least. I don't think anyone had a poor game and a good number had very good games.

And perhaps the second is because it always happens on night matches that the broadcast ends at 10pm. Sometimes they extend it  to get interviews in, but not always.

Thought Dawes was quite subdued compared to his normal frantic commentary which could be down to the good team performance and the calming influence of Eric Steele. Wait until the next sub-par match and we might see whether this is the 'new' Dawes or just a temporary blip on his part. More of last nights' balanced view and i might begin to listen regularly again.

I didn’t hear any mention of it last night but Dave Fletcher mentioned it Thursday night at the start of the sport scene programme- they played Cocu’s comments about the impact it had & DF reiterated on air about CR’s apology, that they weren’t using him again & that an internal investigation was on going. It was well done by radio Derby.

thought last night’s programme was good as was the commentary & they seemed very supportive of ED with some of the things Eric & DF said.

it’s Jake Buxton on Tuesday instead of Eric.

17 hours ago, Zag zig said:

When you have someone like Steele who is generally a positive person I can understand why, just listening to him summarise at the end, going on about the performance was quite uplifting, none of the we should have done this better or I don’t like this. 

Do hope Eric is used more often, not nearly half the whinging usually heard.

I was given a little DAB radio for christmas. About half the size of a fag packet, so got to listen to Eric on the way to the ground.

Everything he said about Mitrovic came to pass. I actually learned a lot and my respect for Curtis went up a notch. He knew what he had to try and do against a very savvy and skilled opponent.

Yes Eric he is positive but he is also analytical and pithy. Kept calling Martin Waghorn, Nigel Waghorn which was a laugh but I really enjoyed his pre and post match insights. Excellent. I suppose Eric has a day job so appearances will be intermittent but it’s a great to listen to a pro who is also pro Derby. 

i just hope RD and DCFC sort it out .. I was waiting for Cocu’s post match which never happened. 

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Good lets keep jake buxton and get rid of steel. 

Plus going on tuesday.

I think Bucko has a day job though.

5 minutes ago, jono said:

I was given a little DAB radio for christmas. About half the size of a fag packet, so got to listen to Eric on the way to the ground.

Everything he said about Mitrovic came to pass. I actually learned a lot and my respect for Curtis went up a notch. He knew what he had to try and do against a very savvy and skilled opponent.

Yes Eric he is positive but he is also analytical and pithy. Kept calling Martin Waghorn, Nigel Waghorn which was a laugh but I really enjoyed his pre and post match insights. Excellent. I suppose Eric has a day job so appearances will be intermittent but it’s a great to listen to a pro who is also pro Derby. 

i just hope RD and DCFC sort it out .. I was waiting for Cocu’s post match which never happened. 

Yes, they curtailed the aftershow, which had already finished by the time we got back to the car, so I haven't had a chance to listen as yet. 

Archived