Radio Derby

Norman Hull

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I didn't hear the BBC news you're referring to but, I suspect it's not the same thing at all. Besides, your post implies Ramage has only been sacked (or suspended) because he worked for Radio Derby. I'd like to think any public broadcaster would have taken the same action. 

16 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

according to bbc news this dinner,justin fashanu was a gay black footballer,bet the presenter was glad they didnt work for radio Derby

There is a massive difference between describing that Justin Fashanu was the first black footballer to say he was gay

And Ramage saying ALL young players needed bringing down a peg or two

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Boycie said:

He often criticises the players ability to do their job, so ought to be able to take it too.

Im sure he’s no snowflake

There is a clear difference between commentating what he see's on a football field as opposed to grown adults logging into a forum to criticise someone doing their job and making it personal. 

Just an observation I have seen over the last few weeks or so. 

2 hours ago, TommyPowell said:

There is a massive difference between describing that Justin Fashanu was the first black footballer to say he was gay

And Ramage saying ALL young BLACK  players needed bringing down a peg or two,,

Honestly not sure but did he not say all THE young black players ect ect ect,

would like to question him honestly whether he meant all the young black players that have broken into the first team over recent time ,all the young black players at Derby at any level , all the young black players he’s had experience of being around ,, or hopefully not just plain old all the young black players period ?

personaly I think he has attitudes he needs to address very seriously ,but on what was said let’s have it right or we never sort anything properly

3 hours ago, therams69 said:

There is a clear difference between commentating what he see's on a football field as opposed to grown adults logging into a forum to criticise someone doing their job and making it personal. 

Just an observation I have seen over the last few weeks or so. 

He isn't above being criticised. Free country isn't it, everyone's entitled to an opinion on whether they like him or not, he's a public service radio commentator.

5 hours ago, Archied said:

And Ramage saying ALL young BLACK  players needed bringing down a peg or two,,

Honestly not sure but did he not say all THE young black players ect ect ect,

would like to question him honestly whether he meant all the young black players that have broken into the first team over recent time ,all the young black players at Derby at any level , all the young black players he’s had experience of being around ,, or hopefully not just plain old all the young black players period ?

personaly I think he has attitudes he needs to address very seriously ,but on what was said let’s have it right or we never sort anything properly

It would have been correct if he had actually named Bogle and Lowe if thats who he meant,why make a statement that was not only racist but completey without foundation we have a lot of good players coming through from the academy

So, has there been anything from Chris Coles or Ed Dawes since the weekend? Not seen anything from them on twitter but don’t get chance to listen to RD enough to know if they’ve said anything themselves? Or revealed who’s replacing Rammer on Friday night?

sorry if this has been said elsewhere, but the radio (or at least twitter) silence is a little odd.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think Rammage is a racist, but he did say something racist on public radio and that’s a sackable offense. I feel sorry that he lost his job, but he made a big mistake and thems the rules.

steve bloomer
5 minutes ago, iolanthe said:

East Midlands Today mentioned that Radio Derby were still conducting and internal investigation 

I wonder if it will result in all three of them being let go and if anyone else such as producers behind the scenes being investigated?

19 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

So, has there been anything from Chris Coles or Ed Dawes since the weekend? Not seen anything from them on twitter but don’t get chance to listen to RD enough to know if they’ve said anything themselves? Or revealed who’s replacing Rammer on Friday night?

sorry if this has been said elsewhere, but the radio (or at least twitter) silence is a little odd.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think Rammage is a racist, but he did say something racist on public radio and that’s a sackable offense. I feel sorry that he lost his job, but he made a big mistake and thems the rules.

I don’t think the others will be allowed to comment while it’s investigated.

If anything even comes out on Fridays show it’s likely to be written on their behalf. 

6 minutes ago, steve bloomer said:

I wonder if it will result in all three of them being let go and if anyone else such as producers behind the scenes being investigated?

Think the BBC would have a few cases of unfair dismissal if they were to get rid of all three...

While I think the programme editors have messed up, I don't see any reason to be letting anyone else go. Lessons need to be learned but Ramage's sacking hopefully sends a sufficiently strong warning against any further such oversights. Time to rally around the club and move on now. 

Still think it's quite sad that a single paragraph by Max Lowe has seemingly trashed a young sports journalists career, namely Chris Coles, for not challenging the comment, he did nothing wrong and probably didn't even hear Ramage's stupid quote, I didn't first time i heard the quote and I had to listen again before I heard it properly.

Feel so sorry for the young journalist, who probably earns in a year what Max earns in a fortnight. Maybe they should have a chat and do what's right? 

I don’t think Craig ramage is a racist either.
He didn’t express himself very clearly or cleverly, but the reason that he began to generalise is ultimately because both young full backs had been dropped, and both made errors. They aren’t being sacked for their mistakes. Personally I don’t think anyone on radio Derby should have been sacked either. A simply apology would surely have sufficed. 

7 hours ago, TommyPowell said:

It would have been correct if he had actually named Bogle and Lowe if thats who he meant,why make a statement that was not only racist but completey without foundation we have a lot of good players coming through from the academy

Yep no doubt what he said was very wrong and the crux is for him to be asked what exactly he meant by what he said so the exact wording is important to make it poss to figure what level of ignorance or stupidity he is operating at

On 18/02/2020 at 21:47, Gaspode said:

I’m not sure what the hierarchy on Radio Derby is at the moment, but one of the other (or both) will no doubt be held accountable for not picking up the issue when it was originally said and also for uploading the recording unedited in the first instance. Dawes has also not been heard of and is also silent on Twitter (unusual as he’s normally sporting drivel about trains day and night). Guess they’ve both been put on gardening leave until the investigation is complete - which will make Friday’s broadcast interesting to say the least....

Maybe his career has derailed and hit the buffers as well

Archived