Radio Derby

Norman Hull

On 23/02/2020 at 12:19, Ramarena said:

Steele is very good at the commentary lark despite not having much experience at it.

Itll be interesting to hear Bucko, hope he has a good game!

Maybe rotating a few more former players in for when Steele can’t do it would work, they have to be cogent though, so don’t give Mr “as you say” a call!

I think the departure of Ramage will ultimately prove to be a good thing for RD commentary team!

Id rather steel never does it again.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, OwenB87 said:

We've all got our favourites, for various reasons.

To me, Ross Fletcher is as good as it gets. But I totally understand why Graham is the King to thousands of Derby fans.

I also have really fond memories of Roger Davies as summariser, probably due to him being in the chair when I started working on Sportscene.

They were all good but they were no Owen Bradley, anyone know what happened to him?

6 hours ago, archram said:

My favourite Ian Hall comment was “ the linesman’s got thin legs. I never trust linesmen with thin legs”. To this day I occasionally find myself checking the linesman’s legs!

I don’t suppose it’s changed since they got a new name.

I always remember him talking about bendy legs, Sir Bobby Robson had bendy legs like a proper footballer haha. In fact, first time i saw Aguero playing, i thought of Hall’s comment about legs. 

4 hours ago, cannable said:

Am I right in thinking he slaughtered Clough the night he was sacked having never been particularly negative about him prior? ?

His opinions on Clough and GSE were probably the total opposite ends of the scale depending on if that opinion was given on air or off air. 

Archived