Radio Derby

Norman Hull

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, B4ev6is said:

But still 

Rammage had postive mind set and got fans going if I ever find who got him sacked get peace of my mind.

I hope steel not back on again after last game of the season.

So you'll give Ramage a piece of your mind then?

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

What about him saying that dont stand a chance how big gap is.

Were rammage would have said need get in there faces go press them and win midfield battle.

The gap is big B4, we’re talking about a club that goes out and spends £70m on a midfielder, competing at the top end of the Premier League whilst we’re mid table in the Championship. 

I wasn’t listening so can’t really comment on what he exactly said. 

If the “negativity” gets you down, take your headphones out and enjoy the game 

9 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Actley yes he was

If they employed him, they would have had to have had an investigation.  A disciplinary hearing etc.  Just like DCFC did with their captain, Richard Keogh, as well as Bennett & Lawrence, of course.

Radio Derby didn't need to do that with Ramage, as he wasn't employed by them.  He was freelance.  A subcontractor.  They "let him go", so to speak.  I think the official statement was something like "We will no longer be working with him" or words to that effect.  Not the same as being sacked.  I presume this also means he can't take them to a tribunal, if he thought they had treated him unfairly (But I may be wrong on that last bit?)

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

If they employed him, they would have had to have had an investigation.  A disciplinary hearing etc.  Just like DCFC did with their captain, Richard Keogh, as well as Bennett & Lawrence, of course.

Radio Derby didn't need to do that with Ramage, as he wasn't employed by them.  He was freelance.  A subcontractor.  They "let him go", so to speak.  I think the official statement was something like "We will no longer be working with him" or words to that effect.  Not the same as being sacked.  I presume this also means he can't take them to a tribunal, if he thought they had treated him unfairly (But I may be wrong on that last bit?)

They did launch invesgation after been reported it.

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

They did launch invesgation after been reported it.

You're quite right, they did.

"Investigation" was the wrong word.  I don't know the technical terms, as I'm not an employer... nor am I employed, but the fact remains, there was no "disciplinary hearing" (or whatever the term is), and he wasn't sacked.

They just didn't ask him to come back for the following game.  A bit like me telling my window cleaner he is crap at his job, and I don't want him to come again.  I've "Let him go".  I haven't sacked him.  

I'm done... I'm bored... I love you... Up The rams... 

36 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

But still 

Rammage had postive mind set and got fans going if I ever find who got him sacked get peace of my mind.

I hope steel not back on again after last game of the season.

Ramage categorically did not have a positive mindset.  Shouting about everything doesn’t make you positive, it makes you loud.  Being loud also doesn’t make you passionate, it just makes you loud.  

I agree that he did get some fans going.  He would wind people up with over the top whinging and, those who weren’t at games and had to listen, would parrot that criticism back and get wound up themselves.  He also got a lot of fans going to the off switch.  

He was a terrible pundit and whatever your views about the rights and wrongs of his ‘termination’, (which was clearly right) at least in my mind the airwaves are better for him no longer being on them.

45 minutes ago, David said:

We was playing Manchester United with a very young team, I don’t think many gave us much of a chance last night. Not really being negative as such. They had one player almost worth the same as our entire stadium!

Would that be the Mel or EFL valuation?

Just asking to divert the conversation away from B4 wanting Ramage back and knocking Steele ?

16 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Ramage categorically did not have a positive mindset.  Shouting about everything doesn’t make you positive, it makes you loud.  Being loud also doesn’t make you passionate, it just makes you loud.  

I agree that he did get some fans going.  He would wind people up with over the top whinging and, those who weren’t at games and had to listen, would parrot that criticism back and get wound up themselves.  He also got a lot of fans going to the off switch.  

He was a terrible pundit and whatever your views about the rights and wrongs of his ‘termination’, (which was clearly right) at least in my mind the airwaves are better for him no longer being on them.

I think worse off

No worse bbc match of day pundit said about white players and nrothing happened to him.

Archived