Radio Derby

Norman Hull

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, steve bloomer said:

So if Chris Coles goes along with Ramage then that just leaves Ed Dawes now don't it unless he also gets investigated? We're running very low now!

Oh no that leaves an even bigger hole for his rapidly inflating ego to spread into

Do any of us here think we could do it ? A commentary I mean.

i could give it a go, I am reasonably lucid but ... I know I’d be blooming hopeless. I’d never remember oppositions player names, I’d be hopelessly biased and happy clappy. I’d forget I’d be commentating and we’d end up with a huge series of random ooohs and ahhhs which doesn’t really paint a picture for the listener. ?

Quite surprised over this thread and other threads I have seen where Ed is getting a wee bit of a personal slating.

Ed is a Derby fan so no doubt reads these forums. 

Not sure why people feel it relevant to have personal digs at him. He hasn't done anything wrong, whether its the Ramage case or just in general. If you don't like his commentating, just don't bloody listen. 

For people to go out there way to personally criticise someone on a forum for doing there job really does astound me.

Simply, if you dont have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

3 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Quite surprised over this thread and other threads I have seen where Ed is getting a wee bit of a personal slating.

Ed is a Derby fan so no doubt reads these forums. 

Not sure why people feel it relevant to have personal digs at him. He hasn't done anything wrong, whether its the Ramage case or just in general. If you don't like his commentating, just don't bloody listen. 

For people to go out there way to personally criticise someone on a forum for doing there job really does astound me.

Simply, if you dont have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

He often criticises the players ability to do their job, so ought to be able to take it too.

Im sure he’s no snowflake

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Was it him or Ramage or labelled Kellie Roos ‘pathetic’ the other day? I don’t listen but I’m sure I read it somewhere.

I recall posters quoting Dawes when saying that.

7 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

according to bbc news this dinner,justin fashanu was a gay black footballer,bet the presenter was glad they didnt work for radio Derby

I didn't hear the BBC news you're referring to but, I suspect it's not the same thing at all. Besides, your post implies Ramage has only been sacked (or suspended) because he worked for Radio Derby. I'd like to think any public broadcaster would have taken the same action. 

8 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

according to bbc news this dinner,justin fashanu was a gay black footballer,bet the presenter was glad they didnt work for radio Derby

I shouldn't need to point this out to you, but there are a few idiots on here that still don't get it, and you seem to want the attention:

Describing a player as 'black' in itself is not racist. This is not why Ramage lost his job. If you don't understand why what he said is racist then take the time to remove that chip on your shoulder and educate yourself.

6 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Was it Dawes who labelled Kelle Roos ‘pathetic’ the other day? I don’t listen but I’m sure I read it somewhere.

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I recall posters quoting Dawes when saying that.

On 04/02/2020 at 22:07, cosmic said:

'Absolutely pathetic" Ed Dawes just described Roos as.

It was me!

During the Northampton replay.

Archived