Yet another Chris Martin thread.... Yes really

IslandExile

Chris Martin  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I find this polarisation of opinion over Chris Martin a little strange.

I have always preferred my football to be played by a whole team and the reason that I admire Martin's football so much is because he is one of the ultimate team players at this level. 

A manager has to know how to use him and who to play around him to get the best out of him for the team, then the results speak for themselves.

A few seasons ago there was a silly thread about how he wasn't doing it anymore because he was assisting rather than scoring, not good enough for some.

I think most would recognise there are other ways of setting up a team that don't suit Chris Martin's style of play, doesn't mean that is bad management,  just a different team style.

Our current manager does play a team style that suits Martin's play, I for one am very glad of it because it uses an asset we own to great effect, rather than us having to go out and spend x million on a sprinter with a deadly finish to replace him.

What's not to like about that? 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a little note that in the league this season, Martin has scored 1 goal for every 145 minutes played and Waghorn has scored 1 goal for every 232 minutes played. 

Not to hate on Waggy, I'm a big fan of his and 12 goals this season so far is decent. But on projecting their current numbers this season, if Martin had the same amount of game time he'd be on 19 goals and 11 assists. Colossal.

4 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

Just a little note that in the league this season, Martin has scored 1 goal for every 145 minutes played and Waghorn has scored 1 goal for every 232 minutes played. 

Not to hate on Waggy, I'm a big fan of his and 12 goals this season so far is decent. But on projecting their current numbers this season, if Martin had the same amount of game time he'd be on 19 goals and 11 assists. Colossal.

Waghorn has spent half of his time out on the wing

24 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

You are clearly a Martin obsessive ....... ( posting this on behalf of Archied , as this post has been up 23 minutes and he hasn't responded yet ?)

If the season is over now the financial situation will be worse for the club.

Martin offers great value for money, acquiring someone with his skill set will never be cheap. I also think his salary expectations will be realistic making a new deal very achievable.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

It’s no coincidence that CM19 wears the number Covid19 shirt. ?

All makes sense now.

Martin is the virus, look how quickly he spreads across the forum infecting every topic.

This is the epicentre.

Hazmat Suit GIF by Ludo Studio

Archived