Yet another Chris Martin thread.... Yes really

IslandExile

Chris Martin  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Try converting the stats to minutes. Id guess at least 30% of Bennett’s “games” were 2-10 minute cameos at end of games. 

No intention of playing down Mason's behaviour, the lad is obviously easily led or a bit daft.

As a footballer though, he is so frustrating. There is a bloody good player in there but for numerous injuries and managers never quite knowing what his best position is.

For 60 minutes in the play off semi 2nd leg at Leeds he was possibly the best player on the pitch imo. He bullied Leeds at times, hit the post, had a hand in the first goal, won a penalty.

His pace, aggression, strength and direct approach made him formidable. He just couldn't get a long enough run as a regular starter in a position that suited him to become a top player. Such a shame.

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Could I not even tempt you to DM me? I promise discretion is my middle name. ?

Sorry Steve. My lips are sealed... 

Trust me, I’m nowhere trying to be an ITK-er, I was just told something, by someone, that if true (and I’ve no reason to believe that the person who told me would make it up) is pretty bad darts all round...

Now be gone, before I get a warning from @David 

3 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Sorry Steve. My lips are sealed... 

Trust me, I’m nowhere trying to be an ITK-er, I was just told something, by someone, that if true (and I’ve no reason to believe that the person who told me would make it up) is pretty bad darts all round...

Now be gone, before I get a warning from @David 

No worries buddy. Doesn't sound too good for us Martinites. ???

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

In that case, putting 2+2 together, what you’re intimating could be linked to a certain thing I heard about him a few months ago...

But whatever that was hasn't stopped him playing for us since.

4 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’ll give a few from this century. 
Theo Robinson, Connor Sammon, Jon Macken, Leon Best, Luke Varney, Conor Doyle, James Vaughan, Dexter Blackstock, Nick Chadwick, Stern John, Dean Holdsworth, Mikkel Beck, Nathan Tyson.  Do I need to name more? 

Worse than Bennett..?? Get a grip. 

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Try converting the stats to minutes. Id guess at least 30% of Bennett’s “games” were 2-10 minute cameos at end of games. 

I Imagine Sammon was similar to be fair  .  And you can't have Dean Holdsworth, he was 108 when he made his debut.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I Imagine Sammon was similar to be fair  .  And you can't have Dean Holdsworth, he was 108 when he made his debut.

Eh? Sammon was a starter for most of his games in his first two seasons! 

as for Holdsworth, he fitted the criteria i am arguing against. 

On 08/05/2020 at 17:29, Chellaston Ram said:

Wages accounting for 161% of our income, why have we allowed it to get so bad after all the hard work the yanks did to clear our previous debts 

2 years ago wages (at group level) were £41.0m. Turnover was £29.1m I calculate that to be 141%.

Since then we have seen the following transfers (excluding those to have joined and left)...
In: Waghorn, Marriott, Jozefzoon, Holmes, Evans, Malone, Bielik, Shinnie, Rooney
Out: Shackell, Vydra, Weimann, Hanson, Jerome, Bent, Baird, Thomas, Bryson, Butterfield, Pearce, Blackman, Nugent, Johnson, McAllister, Hunt, Thorne, Keogh, Olsson, Carson (Man City loan)

A rough estimate would put is very close to the 100% mark.

11 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Wouldn’t be pertinent to say until it’s been officially reported. 

Let’s just say I was surprised & saddened by it when I heard it...

Just mischief making i think , if true would have been reported a long time ago. Too many people with too much time on their hands 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Will it tarnish his reputation (post Norfolk pub banning that is)?

It would yes.

8 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Just mischief making i think , if true would have been reported a long time ago. Too many people with too much time on their hands 

Not my intention.  As I said previously, the person who told me had no reason to fabricate the information.

Archived