Yet another Chris Martin thread.... Yes really

IslandExile

Chris Martin  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I definitely 100% support the footballer Chris Martin more than the club I’ve being going to since I was 4 years old. I just wanted to help prove that this is, without doubt, a thing that people actually think.

What you about 12 now ?

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Have it your own way ,never happened and I’m making it up ?

No, your right, I should just believe everything on the Internet, no questions asked. 

Might get in touch with that Nigerian Prince and help him with his $10,000,000,000. 

16 minutes ago, rynny said:

No, your right, I should just believe everything on the Internet, no questions asked. 

Might get in touch with that Nigerian Prince and help him with his $10,000,000,000. 

What ??? Has he put a bid in for Martin?

1 minute ago, cannable said:

It always comes up when talking about Martin even though it isn’t necessarily about him but… why are people obsessed with pace up front? It’s proper weird. 

Too many people playing fifa and watching highlight reels. I'll take a talented football like Chris over someone who's whole game is reliant on pace not talent any day. 

12 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

FFS! You make it sound like Martin plays some weird esoteric brand of football that is unique to him! If we had wingers and he was playing up top he'd be knocking them in for fun. About the only style of football that Martin can't play is hitting a long ball to be chased at speed ala Vydra. 

14 hours ago, Archied said:

Never said YOU said clueless but lots do on here? 
there are lots of managers who would not pick Chris Martin ? 
chris Martin needs midfield runners going beyond him and the ball , listen to his interviews and he makes that clear himself, 

play with a more ridged structure with your striker meant to run channels or play on the shoulder then Martin is isolated and is robbed of the best part of his game ,used that way he quickly loses heart can flounce around in a strop , if you are pretending that’s not the case and Martin is a must for any manager in any system then your not really looking to debate with open mind just protect a fav

Christ alive! Imagine that?! Midfield runners?! What kind of freakery football would that be? Well thank you so much for pointing out such quaint folly @Archied. Give me a good old Hoof down the park and a muscley fast-runner any day. 

On 09/03/2020 at 12:57, RoyMac5 said:

He's only 31, you couldn't blame him if he wanted a 2yr deal (at a reduced price maybe?)...

Given that his game is based on intelligence and technique rather than athleticism and pace could easily go for a 2+1 year option.

If we got Sam and Chris Evan's back to negotiate chris would soon have that beaten down to a 5 year deal....?

8 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Christ alive! Imagine that?! Midfield runners?! What kind of freakery football would that be? Well thank you so much for pointing out such quaint folly @Archied. Give me a good old Hoof down the park and a muscley fast-runner any day. 

My my.   Someone a bit tetchy when hero worshipping challenged,  oooooooohhhhhhh,   God help anybody touching your bieber posters 

problems ahead alert , now cocu has brought him back into the fold there will have to be another cold turkey period ( 3 to 6 years) at some point

17 hours ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

I will just leave this here... If Lampard had played Martin last season we would have been promoted... 

Absolutely 100% correct .. Pearson, Rowett, Lampard, Cocu; all SUPPOSEDLY professional managers, but in actual fact, not a brain cell between them when it comes to the Chris Martin ‘situation’; and in a more sensible and rational arena than the football ‘world’ Martin would have recourse to legal action against at least two of the aforementioned ! 

29 minutes ago, Archied said:

My my.   Someone a bit tetchy when hero worshipping challenged,  oooooooohhhhhhh,   God help anybody touching your bieber posters 

problems ahead alert , now cocu has brought him back into the fold there will have to be another cold turkey period ( 3 to 6 years) at some point

Such insight! You see I don’t go to Pride Park to see good football played by good footballers. I go to single out individuals and “hero worship” them as you say. Nothing at all to do with appreciating footballers who have rare skill and great vision and who bring success to the team and who are a great role model to youngsters and a credit to the game. Just purely immature blind hero worship ?

16 hours ago, rynny said:

You are too late, I have already given him my bank details.

I'm in the money!!!

17 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Such insight! You see I don’t go to Pride Park to see good football played by good footballers. I go to single out individuals and “hero worship” them as you say. Nothing at all to do with appreciating footballers who have rare skill and great vision and who bring success to the team and who are a great role model to youngsters and a credit to the game. Just purely immature blind hero worship ?

Ok but that doesn’t explain the bieber fetish

Archived