v Stoke (H) - Matchday thread

OohMartWright

7 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I haven’t seen it back, but I was very confused as to why Allen was penalised, let alone carded, for what looked like a cracking tackle in the first half. I then seem to remember, minutes later, a poor tackle that ought to have been a foul and a card, yet he ref played on.

From the south stand (and similar view as the ref) it was a late lunge that cleaned out Holmes, and was no where near the ball. 

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, PhilGeeWasMyIdol said:

Talking of playing advantage..

Saw an interesting decision last week at Garforth town. It's on YouTube and worth watching. GT player hacks oppo down on edge of their box. Oppo break so ref correctly waves play on. In the same passage of play, about 10 seconds, oppo on the edge of GT box and the same player hacks him down (different oppo player, same GT player). Both were bad fowls a few seconds apart. Ref gives a yellow, yellow and then the red. Right decision from ref and never seen that before

image.thumb.png.6b336f18df92f808f7c339deecdb7c4e.png

?

8 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Would love him in our squad though.

He would help us enormously in away games where you need a terrier to break up home attacks.

Not a chance. He is always dirty, and always nasty with it. Yes he can play a bit, so why doesn't he,instead of trying to hospitalise the opposition? And it was Allen who got Bradders sent off. If you remember he ran over half the pitch to get involved in an incident which had nothing to do with him, grabbed  Bradders and bit his shoulder. Johnson returned the complement, but Derby being Derby and refs being refs (pauses to spit on the floor), our man got the red card and suspension, while Allen got away scot free. What puzzles me is that Derby didn't appeal the decision, because it is all on camera, including Allen's original bite.

So, no thanks, not in my Derby County.

I liked the fact that Holmes got MOM

I thought it was a good shout but I also thought Bird and Rooney were pushing him.

Other notable mention for Waghorn, some great passing and a well finished goal.

Bogle's finish omg  - is he the next Bale didn't he start as a full back ??

And I am not his biggest fan but Lawrence added stuff tonight - not up there with those mentioned above but pretty good for him 

6 hours ago, Dethorn said:

I liked the fact that Holmes got MOM

I thought it was a good shout but I also thought Bird and Rooney were pushing him.

Other notable mention for Waghorn, some great passing and a well finished goal.

Bogle's finish omg  - is he the next Bale didn't he start as a full back ??

And I am not his biggest fan but Lawrence added stuff tonight - not up there with those mentioned above but pretty good for him 

No. He did it all by himself.

A choice comment from their forum -

Post by kustokie on Feb 1, 2020 4:34:36 GMT

Jan 31, 2020 21:58:46 GMT Ex-term-oat-cake said:

Just got up (Australia) what the hell happened?We were completely outplayed by fat, out of shape granny shagger, who made us like a bunch of disorganized, clueless, school kids.  Rooney never broke sweat, sprayed the ball around for fun and scored a great goal.

Archived