Kamil Jóźwiak - Signed 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Short turnaround due to the pandemic, economic uncertainty caused by the pandemic, add to that a transfer embargo, add to that P&S compliance which means we have to sell to buy (interesting it’s only clubs with parachute payments or clubs that have sold key players that are actually spending in this market!). All reasons why shock horror, Cocu isn’t going to have his first team nailed down for day 1. It was never going to happen.

Presuming we get Byrne and Jozwiak in during the next 7 days, that’s 1 more signing to complete before the window shuts in 3 weeks. That about as good as we could possibly achieve in the circumstances and actually way better than we normally manage! Well done Cocu and recruitment team.

We may have a slow start to the season but remember, the season doesn’t start and finish on September 12th, that only happens in Nottingham.

17 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Lawrence, Rooney, Waghorn, Jozwiak, extra 'forward' to be added to our attacking options, which we've missed from all games so far. Those are typically reliable players who you'd expect to be available for 90% of games. I don't see the space in the squad for another, unless you're undoing our good work so far by blocking the pathway for youngsters again.

Cocu wanted 2 players in Jan (Winger & Forward) that was whilst we had Martin so to get 2 in still would leave us not replacing Martin.

I wouldnt class Rooney as an attacking option now

18 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Lawrence, Rooney, Waghorn, Jozwiak, extra 'forward' to be added to our attacking options, which we've missed from all games so far. Those are typically reliable players who you'd expect to be available for 90% of games. I don't see the space in the squad for another, unless you're undoing our good work so far by blocking the pathway for youngsters again.

Excellent point, we still need to find minutes for Whittaker this season and who knows who will emerge next year.

Just now, Zag zig said:

Excellent point, we still need to find minutes for Whittaker this season and who knows who will emerge next year.

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Cocu wanted 2 players in Jan (Winger & Forward) that was whilst we had Martin so to get 2 in still would leave us not replacing Martin.

Indeed. He's got a job getting beyond the centre circle let alone the penalty area! 

I'd love to see us go for a Prem youngster on loan. 

Someone who will complement our young batch. 

1 hour ago, NottsRammy said:

Whatever happens now there not in place for the first game are they , that's crap planning . Yup been a soft embargo giving plenty of time to make a list up and give them the final offer 2 weeks ago , they dont take it move on , it's that damn simple . 

Yea right on ,,, ffs Derby just tell clubs what your paying , tell the player he’s comming end of and tell them both exactly when ,,who wants to be using the length of the window to try to get they’re first choice when we can go for inferior choice who can make the first game or few games ,

please mods can we have the roll eyes back or a yawn 

1 hour ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Again how do you know we don’t have a plan b ? Maybe the Grandsir is plan b ? 
A lot of folk getting hot under the collar when a bit of patience is required. 

Exactly. Some of us are old enough to remember pre Internet days ? We wouldn’t have had any clue any of this was going off.

We have a collection of forward players who unfortunately at the moment appear to be injured but what I am very impressed is that we signed 

GK - Marshall who is a huge improvement on Hamer 

CH - Clarke who was fairly steady last season

Ch - Dutch Mike who we hope will be just as steady as Clarke

RB - Byrne ( subject to confirmation ) who has been a very steady performer in the championship 

all defenders who have cost not much more than signing on fees and wages and a loan fee which is Damm impressive by our standards and if we can stop those stupid defensive goals we gave away last season we will do very well when we can field most of our better forward players and not to mention any forward players who hopefully are an improvement on what we have.

1 hour ago, NottsRammy said:

Maybe it's just me but we dont have one proper out and out winger at the club who is decent, why are people content with putting square pegs in round holes it's never ever worked , the club has had weeks to get a target in and now yet again are being arsed around with the fee with obviously no plan b to go to , I think it's very poor with the time we have had to be going into first game with no winger again . Is it me or is only the rams that seem to have this type of problem . 

Don’t worry. It’s you.

34 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We have a collection of forward players who unfortunately at the moment appear to be injured but what I am very impressed is that we signed 

GK - Marshall who is a huge improvement on Hamer 

CH - Clarke who was fairly steady last season

Ch - Dutch Mike who we hope will be just as steady as Clarke

RB - Byrne ( subject to confirmation ) who has been a very steady performer in the championship 

all defenders who have cost not much more than signing on fees and wages and a loan fee which is Damm impressive by our standards and if we can stop those stupid defensive goals we gave away last season we will do very well when we can field most of our better forward players and not to mention any forward players who hopefully are an improvement on what we have.

Agree with all of.  Defence massively improved whilst making a profit with sales.  I also think this is key to being more attacking before anyone else comes in.  If your midfield and attack have confidence in the blokes behind them they’ll play with more confidence going forward.

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Fairly certain Cocu said “winger or forward”, with the intention of Waghorn playing the position we didn’t recruit. 

Archived