Kamil Jóźwiak - Signed 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Cocu: “We will not be done with one winger and one defender.There is room for one more offensive player.”

If there's only one more attacking player coming in after the winger then it's probably gonna be a striker.

Agreed. I wonder if this means Jozefzoon is no longer on his way out. 
Despite not being given a squad number he is still training with the first team.

Will be disappointed if we don’t bring in two wingers, even if one is a loanee later in the window.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

I've been reading the DET's live updates from the press conference and it went a bit like this (ignoring the non-transfer stuff):

Asked about Byrne medical - "We hope so, it is nearly don."

Asked about Jozwiak - "We are looking to strengthen forward positions but cannot confirm any names yet."

Asked about signings after a defender and winger - "We will not be done with one winger and one defender. There is room for one more offensive player."

Asked about attacking signings - "I expect one maybe in hopefully one or two days, but not available for the weekend. Probably next weekend."

Unless it's a name that comes from nowhere you'd expect it to be Jozwiak if it's that close.

Also, I was personally hoping we'd bring in 2 wingers, especially after letting Bennett go and not giving Jozefzoon a squad number, but it sounds like we're after just 1 more attacking option after this winger signs and I'd assume that's a striker.

Presume he's ok with Lawrence, Jóźwiak, Whittaker, Waghorn, Holmes and maybe the likes of Shonibare if desperate, as options out wide. But as things stand, you've got Marriott and Waghorn as striker options, with JHI likely on loan.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Presume he's ok with Lawrence, Jóźwiak, Whittaker, Waghorn, Holmes and maybe the likes of Shonibare if desperate, as options out wide. But as things stand, you've got Marriott and Waghorn as striker options, with JHI likely on loan.

Yeah we've definitely got options, but if Waghorn or Holmes are used out wide it just lowers the options in other areas as well. We're definitely going to be light there for the first few weeks/couple of months into the season because Lawrence has had a set back in his recovery, today Cocu has said Waghorn has too and Holmes now has another injury by the sounds of things. 

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Yeah we've definitely got options, but if Waghorn or Holmes are used out wide it just lowers the options in other areas as well. We're definitely going to be light there for the first few weeks/couple of months into the season because Lawrence has had a set back in his recovery, today Cocu has said Waghorn has too and Holmes now has another injury by the sounds of things. 

Ideally, I'd like a loan in there because the quality you can get for the price is probably where we need to aim. Just to give us another creative option. Type of thing that usually happens at the very end of the window though

49 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Thanks mate. Not anymore though.

Never once posted for attention. I post what I hear cos we're all Derby and we all want the same thing.

I know you're not ITK as such anymore. My comment on your reliability was more based upon the fact that you're happy to admit when you know nothing, which makes me far more inclined to trust you when you do hear something.

I've got a feeling it will be Roberts or someone similar. Someone that can play across the front three.

We know Waghorn can do a job on the right as well as the central striker. Lawrence has also been mentioned as playing his best football down the middle too. Marriott is the least versatile, despite his apparent speed he's never looked good enough when played out wide.

If we get Jozwiak then the attacking 3/4 (depending on formation) can be made up of the following:

• Jozwiak
  • Lawrence
  • Waghorn
  • Marriott
  • Whittaker
  • Knight
  • Sibley
  • Rooney
  • Knight
  • JHI (if not on loan)
  • Shonibare (if not on loan)
  • Jozefzoon (if not completely out of the picture)
  • NEW SIGNING

That's plenty of choice. Most of those players can play in more than one position, so if Cocu thinks we need one more then I'm ok with that.

You'd hope that if it is just 1 more after Byrne and Jozwiak signing then it would be someone with quite a high transfer value as we look to have only spent half (roughly) of the Sheff U money. 

Cocu: “I expect one maybe in hopefully one or two days, but not available for the weekend. Probably next weekend

Clearly on about Jozwiak here. Understandable that he won't say him by name if it's not done yet.

I was hoping for 2 wingers really. If we're only getting one more attacker in then it really does need to be a centre forward. Different to what we have in my opinion.

I'd like a target man. 

Then you'd have the new striker, Marriott, Waghorn, Lawrence, Jozwiak, Holmes, Sibley all as attacking options. Plus if Bielik is back you've got Rooney too.

Marshall

Byrne   Te Weirik Clarke Buchanan

Bielik   Bird

Sibley

Waghorn.    Marriott.   Jozwiak

Could play Lawrence instead of Waghorn. The new striker instead of Marriott. There's options and with a fully fit squad that looks a lot better.

13 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Cocu: “I expect one maybe in hopefully one or two days, but not available for the weekend. Probably next weekend

Clearly on about Jozwiak here. Understandable that he won't say him by name if it's not done yet.

I was hoping for 2 wingers really. If we're only getting one more attacker in then it really does need to be a centre forward. Different to what we have in my opinion.

I'd like a target man. 

Then you'd have the new striker, Marriott, Waghorn, Lawrence, Jozwiak, Holmes, Sibley all as attacking options. Plus if Bielik is back you've got Rooney too.

Marshall

Byrne   Te Weirik Clarke Buchanan

Bielik   Bird

Sibley

Waghorn.    Marriott.   Jozwiak

Could play Lawrence instead of Waghorn. The new striker instead of Marriott. There's options and with a fully fit squad that looks a lot better.

Infact if you put Rooney there instead of Bielik and that could potentially be the starting 11 for Luton away next week (Maybe not Waghorn)

Already looks so much better.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It isnt the ITK people are wind me up, it's those that hang off every world of the supposed ITK's.

So sad.

4 minutes ago, philmycocu said:

BazzaIsGod

I must admit I found it amusing that someone who's forum name claims that an ITKer is God should get wound up by people hanging on to ITKers. I'm sure he/she took that name as a joke but it still amused me ?

I'm at the point where I don't care whether he signs or not - if we're being dicked about we should tell them to go forth and multiply. My love of football (due to Covid; numpty England players; the EFL; some dodgy Polish outfit trying to rip us off; etc) is at an all time low at present and as such I'm not even sure whether I'll bother listening to the commentary at the weekend.....

2 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I'm at the point where I don't care whether he signs or not - if we're being dicked about we should tell them to go forth and multiply. My love of football (due to Covid; numpty England players; the EFL; some dodgy Polish outfit trying to rip us off; etc) is at an all time low at present and as such I'm not even sure whether I'll bother listening to the commentary at the weekend.....

Maybe we're dicking them about.

Archived